What's new

Poor Service at Wal-Mart (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
This is regarding the Wal-Mart at Sawgrass Mall in Sunrise, FL.

Last Sunday I bought a Compaq Laptop that was going on sale for $398. They made us wait until 12:01 am Sunday, because the sale started on 11/5.

I have no problem with that. They handed out slips earlier, I got mine about 11:40 pm and waited. So far fine.

But then it goes downhill. At 12:01 am, instead of just taking our slips and then handing us the boxes, so we could take them to the check outs, the IDIOTS rang us up, one at a time, in the layaway dept. ANd they only had 1 register working to do this.

This was TOTALLY IGNORANT!!!

As far as I'm concerned, the only reason for this was to make the whole process more difficult for the customer. Instead of handing out the 39 laptops they had, which might have taken 5 minuntes, it probably took over an hour. I didn't get finished being rung up until 12:40 am.

Then to make matters worse, they were offering a 2 year service plan, for $68. That is fine. But they didn't know anything about the service plan. I wanted to know if it started from the date of purchase or was it 2 years in addition to the manufacturer's warranty, (which was 1 year itself). The lady called someone and then told me it started from day one, so it really only added 1 year. So based on that, I declined.

Well I checked online and they actually offered 2 year and 3 year warranties and they go into effect after the manufacturer's warranty. So I wound up getting the 3 year warranty from their website, $103, which gives me a total of 4 years warranty.

Normally I don't get extended warranties. But being it is a laptop, harder to service and all, and since the cost was so low, I felt it worthwhile to spring for the warranty.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
They probably ring you up one at a time in the back because it is too easy to walk out of the store with a laptop box. I'm sure it was a theft prevention policy.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
So basically they're saying at midnight, with relatively low amount of people in the store, their security is so piss poor that they're afraid someone could walk out of the store with a 18" X 13" x 8" box.

Doesn't make a lot of sense. Especially when you can pick up other laptop models in similar boxes in the electronics area and carry them off or put them in the cart.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
"Especially when you can pick up other laptop models in similar boxes in the electronics area and carry them off or put them in the cart."

Are you sure about that? You can't do that at my Walmart. All of the high ticket items are behind locked glass.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Well, I always said that shopping at Walmart is so not like shopping at Nieman Marcus. The only thing similar is they both have doors.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co

Yes, I came to the store earlier that Sunday and looked in the Electronics section. I was hoping they had them in already, just not on sale yet, so I could get a look at it. Didn't have that one, but they had others. And they weren't locked up or anything like that.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I tried to return some rotten canned Old Roy dog food the other day. What a nightmare! My dogs had eaten some of it and I called poison control because of it. Luckily they are all fine, including my elderly dog who I feel like I failed for not smelling the junk first.

Anyway, trying to return it the woman had a problem with there only being 2 cans in the box instead of 6 (the 4 I opened, dumped in the bowls, frantically tried to get away from them). I said, "you're telling me that to get a refund I needed to bring the empty cans and rotten food here too?" I think this is a way to cheat the customer. All or nothing approach to returns even when the stuff is bad. But I ended up telling her to open one of the remaining cans and if it wasn't bad I'd take the crap and leave. She didn't. I got my $2.28 back and walked passed the long line of others waiting to talk to this woman! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks