-

Photo
- - - - -

Setup Multi Speaker for Marantz SR 7500

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Ramesh Kumar

Ramesh Kumar

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 03 2006 - 07:49 PM

I would like help to setup bi-wire or bi-amp my Marantz SR7500 with my fronts. The clarification I seek is the folowing which is not clear form the user manual. Any help is very much appreciated

1. How do I set base volume level for the multi speaker setting in the OSD (on screen display and setup) is it purely trial and error or is there some volume level that I can start with? It starts with a defaults of -90 db.

2. I am confused about the fixed and variable volume represents as the user manual does not explain the significance of the same.

3. I switch the Multi Speaker ON for the speaker "C" to take effect. Is there a way to switch the Multi Speaker on and off automatically with the Receiver main power since it’s a bi-wire setup.

4. So in the bi-wire setup what is the power that the speaker is being driven with for each channel, is it 105 W per channel or is it spilt in half and sent to the surround back.

Thanks
Ramesh

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   homthtr

homthtr

Supporting Actor

• 519 posts

Posted October 04 2006 - 03:15 AM

What are you using the Multi for?

How many speakers are you running?

Confirm that this is the Back of your Receiver..

Posted Image

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,540 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted October 04 2006 - 04:54 AM

Biwiring off a receiver is not going to give you the same results as using separate amps, since each channel is driven off the same power supply. Though each channel has less demand, your total available power is still the same.

Not sure what you mean by "multi" speaker on and off? If you have configured it correctly, you will not have back surrounds and your fronts should remain biwired always.
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein