-

Photo
- - - - -

NCAA Football 2007 Season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
714 replies to this topic

#1 of 715 OFFLINE   Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts

Posted August 08 2006 - 07:36 AM

It's got to start somewhere.

A few notes to start off with

Rhett Bomar kicked off team

All I can say at this point is that NCAA Football for the 360 is the biggest disappointment of the year.

Otherwise, I don't think Florida is going to win the national title. I think West Virginia has the best chance to appear in the title game though.

#2 of 715 OFFLINE   Mort Corey

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor

• 981 posts

Posted August 08 2006 - 07:50 AM

USC vs West Virginia? Interesting

#3 of 715 OFFLINE   John Alvarez

John Alvarez

Screenwriter

• 1,129 posts

Posted August 08 2006 - 08:09 AM

[quote=
Otherwise, I don't think Florida is going to win the national title. I think West Virginia has the best chance to appear in the title game though.[/QUOTE]

Hey............be careful...........Posted Image
I am going to try and be more active in this thread this year. It sometimes move quicker than I can get to.

I am a Gator and have to admit I don't think they will win it all. I say they still loose 4 games this year. Our biggest dream right now will be to win an S.E.C. East and maybe an S.E.C. title. We have a lot of new talent but I think it's too much to put on them.

#4 of 715 OFFLINE   Tim Glover

Tim Glover

Lead Actor

• 7,660 posts

Posted August 08 2006 - 11:08 AM

Shouldn't the thread be titled, NCAA Football 2006...not 2007? Posted Image

#5 of 715 OFFLINE   Mark Hayenga

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor

• 608 posts

Posted August 08 2006 - 12:51 PM

OU's loss of Bomar evened up the Big 12 a lot.
"There are 10 types of people in the world: those that understand binary, and those that have friends."

#6 of 715 OFFLINE   BrettGallman

BrettGallman

Screenwriter

• 1,392 posts

Posted August 08 2006 - 01:43 PM

Really looking forward to this season. I hope this is the year Clemson will start off strong and live up to expectations. A lot of people see them as more than a dark horse this year.

Too bad they won't be hooking up with A & M again this year, Tim, after that awesome game last year. Our non-conference schedule is WEAK, but the ACC is loaded this year, so it evens out.
Oh, the Horror - Horror Reviews from All Decades and All Sub-Genres!
Balls Academy -  Your Alma mater for teen films, raunchy, low-brow comedies, sexploitation & coming of age dramas.
Other recent reviews: Super | Thor Tobacco RoadSource Code | Sucker Punch |

#7 of 715 OFFLINE   Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted August 08 2006 - 02:03 PM

I'm hoping my Boilers can redeem themselves after such a disappointing season. Either way, I had a hell of a time watching football last season, even with the crummy over-hyped Boilermakers. Can't wait until this season!
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#8 of 715 OFFLINE   Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus

Screenwriter

• 2,189 posts

Posted August 08 2006 - 07:35 PM

I don't see any team in the SEC really having a shot at the National Championship this year. With Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, and Alabama beating up on each other all during the regular season-and then having to follow that up with a Conference Championship game(!)- it's all but impossible for a SEC team to finish the season undefeated. And even if one of those teams does somehow run that gauntlet, the road that they had to travel is not appreciated enough by the national sportswriters (witness Auburn in 2004; or even LSU, who won a BCS Championship in 2003 which is largely ignored.).

The situation isn't much better in the expanded ACC conference where you now have Miami, Florida State, Boston College, Virginia Tech, Clemson, and Georgia Tech beating up on each other; and, again, after surviving a brutal regular season now have to also play a Conference Championship Game.

I don't know: It's just really hard to get excited about college football these days when you know before the season starts that West Virginia and Louisville have a better shot at getting into the BCS Championship game than many fine teams from the SEC and ACC!
Joseph
---------------

#9 of 715 OFFLINE   Tim Glover

Tim Glover

Lead Actor

• 7,660 posts

Posted August 08 2006 - 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettGallman
Really looking forward to this season. I hope this is the year Clemson will start off strong and live up to expectations. A lot of people see them as more than a dark horse this year.

Too bad they won't be hooking up with A & M again this year, Tim, after that awesome game last year. Our non-conference schedule is WEAK, but the ACC is loaded this year, so it evens out.

Yeah, wish they were playing again too Brett. A&M's non conference is rather weak too...Good luck in the ACC. Posted Image

#10 of 715 OFFLINE   Mark Hayenga

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor

• 608 posts

Posted August 09 2006 - 12:03 AM

Franchione is lucky their non-conference is weak Posted Image He'd better be shooting for 8 or more wins this season. I was reading an article (at ESPN I think) where they were talking about how OU was in for some trouble given the loss of their QB, but it ended by saying "At least Dennis Franchione is still the coach at Texas A&M". That's the worst burn I've read in a while.

I do think with McGee at the helm they've got a pretty good shot and expect a lot more out of them this year than last. McGee and their offensive scheme was very effective against us at last year's T+1 game, and I don't think it was just because our game was off.
"There are 10 types of people in the world: those that understand binary, and those that have friends."

#11 of 715 OFFLINE   Shane Martin

Shane Martin

Producer

• 6,017 posts

Posted August 09 2006 - 01:46 AM

Notre Dame is probably my early season favorite. Skip Bayless from ESPN is picking Louisville.

#12 of 715 OFFLINE   Brook K

Brook K

Lead Actor

• 9,468 posts

Posted August 09 2006 - 05:23 AM

West Virginia rolled over UGA last year, one of your "fine teams from the SEC", Joseph. Their poor schedule may hold them back this year though.

Hoping to be wrong, but I'm afraid this will be yet another losing season for Mizzou. Unproven Oline and a tougher schedule could mean curtains for the Gary Pinkel era (which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing).

I think we'll be ok QBwise post-Brad Smith (for every game he singlehandedly won there was one he lost with a game-killing turnover), but our all-hype RB Tony Temple has got to start producing. So far he's only been good at getting hurt and fumbling.
2002 Sight & Sound Challenge: 321  Last Watched: L'enfance Nue
Last 8 Films Watched: In the Loop - A- / It Might Get Loud - B+ / What Just Happened? - B / Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - C- / Drums Along the Mohawk - A- / Punisher War Zone - B+ / Moon - C+ / A Man For All Seasons - B+

#13 of 715 OFFLINE   Jason Pancake

Jason Pancake

Stunt Coordinator

• 205 posts

Posted August 09 2006 - 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brook K
West Virginia rolled over UGA last year, one of your "fine teams from the SEC", Joseph. Their poor schedule may hold them back this year though.

Hoping to be wrong, but I'm afraid this will be yet another losing season for Mizzou. Unproven Oline and a tougher schedule could mean curtains for the Gary Pinkel era (which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing).

I think we'll be ok QBwise post-Brad Smith (for every game he singlehandedly won there was one he lost with a game-killing turnover), but our all-hype RB Tony Temple has got to start producing. So far he's only been good at getting hurt and fumbling.

It was hardly a "rolling over". This game came down to the final seconds when the Georgia players failed to defend against a fake punt call.

#14 of 715 OFFLINE   Brook K

Brook K

Lead Actor

• 9,468 posts

Posted August 09 2006 - 09:05 AM

They were down 28-0 at one point, gave up 380 yards rushing and over 500 yards of offense in what was virtually a home game to a supposedly inferior opponent. I'll stick with "rolled".
2002 Sight & Sound Challenge: 321  Last Watched: L'enfance Nue
Last 8 Films Watched: In the Loop - A- / It Might Get Loud - B+ / What Just Happened? - B / Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - C- / Drums Along the Mohawk - A- / Punisher War Zone - B+ / Moon - C+ / A Man For All Seasons - B+

#15 of 715 OFFLINE   Ashley Seymour

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor

• 945 posts

Posted August 09 2006 - 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dome Vongvises
It's got to start somewhere.

Otherwise, I don't think Florida is going to win the national title. I think West Virginia has the best chance to appear in the title game though.

Phil Steele's Preview has West Virginia not good enough to win their conference - meeting Boston College in the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

His championship matchup is Oklahoma v Auburn.

How do I get tickets to the Orange Bowl? Steele has Miami v Boise State!!!
Maybe if Boise can beat Utah on the road Sept 30.
Go Orange, Go Blue,
Fight Fight Fight BSU!

It's not whether you win or loose that counts, but whether you win.

#16 of 715 OFFLINE   Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus

Screenwriter

• 2,189 posts

Posted August 09 2006 - 11:50 PM

Quote:
His championship matchup is Oklahoma v Auburn.

Phil Steele made this prediction before Oklahoma tossed their starting QB off the squad, and before Auburn suspended two starting linebackers for their first three games. Since Auburn will therefore now go into their showdown with LSU with one hand tied behind their back (from a defensive perspective) they'll have trouble winning the SEC West much less getting into the BCS championship game.

That's the trouble with those pre-season magazines: Nothing in college football remains static long enough for a prediction made in June to have any validity in November.
Joseph
---------------

#17 of 715 OFFLINE   Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter

• 1,222 posts

Posted August 10 2006 - 04:03 AM

"Since Auburn will therefore now go into their showdown with LSU with one hand tied behind their back (from a defensive perspective) they'll have trouble winning the SEC West much less getting into the BCS championship game."

Those linebackers weren't even starters. One is a red-shirt freshman. I don't see that affecting Auburn at all the first three games.

I personally think there are about 10-15 teams that could win the MNC this year.

#18 of 715 OFFLINE   Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts

Posted August 10 2006 - 05:38 AM

Quote:
Shouldn't the thread be titled, NCAA Football 2006...not 2007?

NO ME GUSTA!!!

Could a moderator change to accomodate please? Posted Image

And surprise suprise, Maurice Clarett is an amoral idiot.

#19 of 715 OFFLINE   Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen

Executive Producer

• 12,060 posts

Posted August 10 2006 - 05:42 AM

Well I actually prefer amoral idiots to those who are amoral and smart. That second group is hard to spot until too late.

We could all spot Clarett early. Posted Image
¡Time is not my master!

#20 of 715 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,677 posts

Posted August 10 2006 - 06:37 AM

Quote:
Well I actually prefer amoral idiots to those who are amoral and smart. That second group is hard to spot until too late.
***cough*** Reggie Bush ***cough*** Posted Image

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

Back to After Hours Lounge

Forum Nav Content I Follow