What's new

Green Acres:Season 4 DVD (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Man, do I want this set. I really hope we get more seasons. The first three are among the favorites in my TV on DVD collection.

I recently saw a stack of Seasons 1-3 (along with the Mr. Ed sets) at Costco being blown out at $12.99 each. Not sure what that signifies. Either the studio has truckloads of remainders they're trying to unload and have given up on the series, or they're offering them at a cheap price to expand the potential audience for future seasons.

I'm still hopeful, since it doesn't seem like we would have got Season 2 if Season 1 wasn't profitable, nor S3 if S2 didn't sell.

Also, I'm not sure how the whole Sony-MGM-Fox home video distribution dust-up may be affecting MGM's release schedule.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
No, there's no word on this yet.

Since MGM is moving home video distribution from Sony (who, it turns out, only owns 20% of MGM...not a controlling amount of interest!) to Fox, things may start to pick up on MGM releases.

Jack: Please, PLEASE put a question mark in your thread's subject if you are asking a question, rather than passing on news. Everyone gets upset if you don't! Thanks,

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, there were 14 months between S1 and S2, then 9 months between S2 and S3. So assuming a minimum of 9 months, the next release wouldn't be due until September or October.

Sean D.

Agent
What makes me mad is how slow these are coming out and there are not even any extras to slow down the release.

Dave-P

Agent
"What makes me mad is how slow these are coming out and there are not even any extras to slow down the release."

Good point! I am chomping at the bit to get the entire series. Green Acres is a "must-have" for me.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I'm wanting to get this entire series as well. One thing I've seen with this business since I started collecting TV/DVD: "Predictable, it ain't" :rolleyes

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It's been about 9 months since the last release. If they were to have Season 4 out by Christmas, we should get an announcement in the next 4-6 weeks.

C'mon, MGM...all I want for Christmas is to go back to Hooterville!!! :D

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I'm up for a Christmas release. I think that if they actually got up to season THREE, then they must be selling okay. I'm pretty sure we'll see a season 4 by the end of the year. I don't want to be stuck with just the first half of the show; like the rest of you, I want the whole series!

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I would very much like to see this series released on DVD. However I also wish that they would release more episodes of Mr. Ed on DVD as well.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
Yep....can't get enough of watching Oliver Douglas so very slowly going mad in "Hootersville".

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
I don't know if it will ever happen but I can say for sure that it won't happen from MGM. They've written it off.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^I wish I could say that... Other than Green Acres I have ~20 series I'd love to see become unstalled so I could complete their runs. At least half of those I'd double dip for a complete series should it ever be released that way and *that* list includes Green Acres. Are you listening, Shout!?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks