What's new

Green Acres:Season 4 DVD (1 Viewer)

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
The only, and I mean only way for Fox to change its views on Classic TV on DVD, is to fire the head honcho of 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.

The evil Mike Dunn.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
How involved in MGM's decision-making process is Fox anyway? If Fox actually owned it outright, they would have used off-the-shelf masters instead of the glorious remasters MGM made for the first 3 seasons.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I believe the Fox/MGM distribution deal was made after the release of the first three seasons of the show.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Vahan_Nisanain said:
The only, and I mean only way for Fox to change its views on Classic TV on DVD, is to fire the head honcho of 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.

The evil Mike Dunn.
Who is this guy? I don't know much about him.

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
This is Mike Dunn. He is to blame for the stalling of Green Acres, and Burke's Law. Burke's Law was a strong seller for VCI, but according to Fox, who owns the Four Star library, they felt it would a good idea to jack up the price anyways.

Mike_Dunn.jpg

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
What makes the Green Acres situation all the worse, is that I believe the entire series was remastered.

So unlike Petticoat Junction and The Beverly Hillbillies from CBS, pristine transfers that are fully DVD ready are just sitting there unused for the remaining three seasons (outside of perhaps online streaming).

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Vahan_Nisanain said:
This is Mike Dunn. He is to blame for the stalling of Green Acres, and Burke's Law. Burke's Law was a strong seller for VCI, but according to Fox, who owns the Four Star library, they felt it would a good idea to jack up the price anyways.

Mike_Dunn.jpg
Like I said, I'm not real well versed on the situation with this guy. How do you know he is the one to blame for all this stuff. Are there media stories or press releases that suggest this?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Frank Soyke said:
md_arcade.jpg
If THIS Mike Dunn was in charge of Fox, we would probably do a lot better with classic releases.

We'd see a blu-ray "Wild Wild West" at the very least.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks