-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Spooktacular! Roseanne Halloween eps coming to DVD!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 979 posts

Posted June 02 2006 - 07:43 AM

I'm so excited that they are releasing these episodes in a collection all their own. I mean, I love "Roseanne" but not so much to buy the entire season sets. The release date is August 29, 2006.

I'm just wondering why the series last Halloween episode entitled "Satan, Darling" isn't going to be included? I wonder if it has to do with the title of the episode or what?

#2 of 6 RoryR

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator

• 226 posts

Posted June 02 2006 - 10:16 AM

Anchor Bay are pretty smart too, waiting until they had 2 halloween episodes released on DVD - to rerelease them, and more with added features - say a commentary on Season 3's halloween, which we'll have to buy this set to get.

The Friends DVD as an example, included the commentaries on previously released sets.

#3 of 6 John*P

John*P

Second Unit

• 419 posts

Posted June 05 2006 - 05:47 PM

Quote:
I'm just wondering why the series last Halloween episode entitled "Satan, Darling" isn't going to be included? I wonder if it has to do with the title of the episode or what?

"Satan, Darling" is widely regarded as one of the worst episodes of the entire Roseanne series. While it has a horror-themed plot, it actually has little to do with Halloween itself. I'm actually glad they're leaving that terrible episode off...

If Roseanne does commentaries for the Halloween episodes for seasons 2 and 3, I may buy this. If not, I'll probably pass, as I'm already collecting the entire series on season sets...

#4 of 6 Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted June 06 2006 - 03:02 AM

I emailed Anchor Bay, and they checked with Carsey-Werner, and they said pretty much the same thing John*P did; it's not a Halloween episode, and won't be included in the set.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#5 of 6 RoryR

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator

• 226 posts

Posted June 06 2006 - 03:16 AM

Thank the halloween lord himself, Satan Posted Image

I am glad that episode won't be included, my station here only airs season 9 of Roseanne - it is driving me crazy.

#6 of 6 David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 979 posts

Posted June 06 2006 - 06:49 AM

Thanks for all the info about "Satan, Darling". I've only watched it once and wasn't sure if it was definitely a Halloween episode or not.