-

Photo
- - - - -

Pokemon: The Complete First Season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#1 of 47 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted May 30 2006 - 06:21 PM

I thought I'd bring everyone this news about an anime classic that could be heading everyone's way this November.

According to a member from the Anime on DVD.com, Viz Media has an offering of the first season of this hit anime series on their Fall 2006 Schedule:

Quote:
Viz Media Fall DVD Plans? (07:46 PM EDT): According to a post from forum regular mike.motaku who has a print catalog of their fall releases, Viz Media has some potentially interesting things in the pipeline:

Hikaru no Go looks to shift from a quarterly to bi-monthly release with a new release due in November
Bleach Vol. #1 is listed but no date is included with it
Pokemon Season 1 is listed for release on 11/21
Print publications are obviously made up quite a bit in advance so the reliability of this is quite tentative until full official solicitations come out but it is an interesting peek into a possible set of future changes and releases.

I don't about everyone here and how many anime fans or other fans who have been waiting for this announcement but this is good news for all you Pokemaniac fans who have been waiting for this series to be released as complete season sets.

Source: http://www.animeondvd.com

#2 of 47 OFFLINE   TimothyO

TimothyO

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted May 31 2006 - 04:03 AM

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. and Yes!!!!

I was wondering when they'd do this. It seemed like I'd never see the day.
*~Timothy~*

#3 of 47 OFFLINE   Kevin Martinez

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted May 31 2006 - 04:39 AM

I think it's fairly obvious that this is supposed to capitalize on Pokemon's 10th anniversary (the first games turn 10 in Japan this year)
However I'm not too keen on Anime DVD releases so i don't know what to expect

#4 of 47 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted May 31 2006 - 04:45 AM

Well, I'm huge on Japanese Anime and if a DVD release gets announced for a boxed season set I'll try and let everyone know. Most anime are television shows but if there's a boxed set announced that's long running I'll try and broadcast it here. I know there've been a lot of fans who have been waiting for this release for a very long time. I have to admit, the first season contained some of the best episodes and I'll definately be picking this one up for myself.

#5 of 47 OFFLINE   Josh_HI

Josh_HI

Second Unit

• 303 posts

Posted May 31 2006 - 07:13 AM

That's awesome news! Been waiting for season sets for sooo long! Hope they release them all in season set form!Thanks & be sure to keep us updated!

#6 of 47 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted May 31 2006 - 09:29 AM

I just emailed the information to Gord but he told me that TV Shows On DVD no longer reports on Anime TV Shows and their Season Sets.

#7 of 47 OFFLINE   TimothyO

TimothyO

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted May 31 2006 - 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge
I just emailed the information to Gord but he told me that TV Shows On DVD no longer reports on Anime TV Shows and their Season Sets.

Well, That's strange.. especially since I think Pokemon is one of the more popular ones.
*~Timothy~*

#8 of 47 OFFLINE   Kevin Martinez

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted May 31 2006 - 11:02 AM

How many episodes were there in Season I anyway?

#9 of 47 OFFLINE   Charlie O.

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor

• 509 posts

Posted May 31 2006 - 02:46 PM

If these are the subtitled and uncut I'm down for them however, if they are the same cut versions already out on DVD then to hell with them.

#10 of 47 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted June 01 2006 - 05:24 AM

Well, according to my sources there are 55 episodes in the first season but don't look to Viz to releasing all of these episodes in one boxed set. My guess is that they'll end up releasing the first season in either one set or two sets. The only information I have is that Season 1 has a tentative release date of November.

Hopefully more news about this will become available as it comes nearer to the release date.

Check out the episode guide here: http://www.pokemonel...isodeguide.html

#11 of 47 OFFLINE   TimothyO

TimothyO

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted June 01 2006 - 11:42 AM

Eww.. I will not get these sets if they're in Japanese and I have to read subtitles.
*~Timothy~*

#12 of 47 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted June 01 2006 - 06:52 PM

Most likely they'll be English dubs along with Japanese / English subtitles.

#13 of 47 OFFLINE   TimothyO

TimothyO

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted June 02 2006 - 05:52 AM

Good
*~Timothy~*

#14 of 47 OFFLINE   Sean.S

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts

Posted June 02 2006 - 06:19 AM

Oh yeah! Count me in as one of those Pokemaniacs! ^_^

I've enjoyed the show since it premiered, and am still enjoying the 8th season on Kids WB (and looking forward to the US premiere of the spinoff Chronicles, on Cartoon Network this Saturday). The first season rocks with classics including some all-time favorites like "The Song of Jigglypuff" and "Princess vs. Princess."

Unleash those pocket monsters. =D

Since its from Viz Media, with a history of releasing Dub-only Pokemon releases (which is fine by me, as a fan of Veronica Taylor, Rachael Lillis, and Eric Stuart), it will probably be dub-only.

#15 of 47 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted June 02 2006 - 06:30 AM

What I think everyone is going to find is that the DVD's will definately have the English dub but it's not known yet if the First Season will be bilingual. The Ranma 1/2 Season boxed sets all include bilingual tracks, meaning that the Ranma 1/2 sets have both the English dubbed track as well as the Japanese language track with English subtitles.

What I might suggest is that to start emailing Viz through their website at http://www.viz.com and start asking them to include bilingual options for the upcoming sets.

#16 of 47 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted June 02 2006 - 06:30 AM

What I think everyone is going to find is that the DVD's will definately have the English dub but it's not known yet if the First Season will be bilingual. The Ranma 1/2 Season boxed sets all include bilingual tracks, meaning that the Ranma 1/2 sets have both the English dubbed track as well as the Japanese language track with English subtitles.

What I might suggest is that to start emailing Viz through their website at http://www.viz.com and start asking them to include bilingual options for the upcoming sets.

#17 of 47 OFFLINE   Josh_HI

Josh_HI

Second Unit

• 303 posts

Posted June 02 2006 - 07:42 AM

Quote~(and looking forward to the US premiere of the spinoff Chronicles, on Cartoon Network this Saturday).

I heard about that! What time for central our they supposed to show it? I'd like to watch it. Will it be on every saturday at the same time or what? Hope you read this before saturday.

#18 of 47 OFFLINE   Sean.S

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts

Posted June 02 2006 - 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_HI
Quote~(and looking forward to the US premiere of the spinoff Chronicles, on Cartoon Network this Saturday).

I heard about that! What time for central our they supposed to show it? I'd like to watch it. Will it be on every saturday at the same time or what? Hope you read this before saturday.

It premieres at 7 PM Eastern/6 PM Central on Toonami, part of Cartoon Network. Currently, all 3 parts of "Return of Thunder," the first story are scheduled in the same time slot.

#19 of 47 OFFLINE   Joe:C

Joe:C

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted August 31 2006 - 03:22 PM

Deepdiscountdvd has a listing for "POKEMON-1ST SEASON" with an 11/21 release date. Here's the link:

http://www.deepdisco...temid=VIZ035644

#20 of 47 OFFLINE   Paul Miller

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor

• 567 posts

Posted August 31 2006 - 04:40 PM

Does anyone know yet how many episode will be in Pokemon Season 1? I look number of episodes and then at the price and it seems to low. Is there anywhere I can go to get information on this set yet since TVShowsOnDVD aren't covering it?

EDIT: OK, I found the information online, what they are releasing is episodes 1-26 of Pokemon with a running time of 650 minutes according to Rightstuf and Wizard which is still a good price.

Paul

Forum Nav Content I Follow