What's new

Guys, I need some good feedback, here. (1 Viewer)

RickRO

Stunt Coordinator
Kyle,

First off you are a brave soul asking a lot of guy to give a "style" rating for anything. Typically guys (me being one of em') look at it this way. Is it comfortable? Does it fit where I need it to? Can I make it fit? If Yes to the above then its cool with us!!!

Just Kidding of course I guess if you pinned me down I would give it 8-8.5. Why? Well I'm glad you asked.

I like the look of the seats backs. Very simple and elegant no creases,folds, or buttons to try to "fancy it up" it is very understated and I like that in furniture. It looks as though it could work in many decors and still "fit in". Plus it looks comfortable and as though it is just waiting for someone to "plop" in and fire up the show. Plus (and this may sound weird) but I like that the feet of the chair show and it doesn't have one of those stupid rufflie thingies around it!

Hope that is good enough for you and hopefully I won't get ribbed around here for sharing my Style with others.

Regards,

RickRO

Kyle McCabe

Stunt Coordinator
That's exactly the type of feedback I was looking for Rick. Very much appreciated.

To answer your other questions, YES, it is indeed very comfortable. In fact, we're so confident in the comfort in this chair, that we will be offering money-back guarantees on this if the response is good enough to make a production run.

I was actually in the middle of revising the original post to add a spec sheet, so refer to that for any "can I make it fit?" questions.

At any rate, don't give me that crap about being brave about asking about style! If you're a married man, I know who's going to be making the ultimate decision! ;-)

Anyway, if I get a good response from you guys, then we will be doing a large production run to be ready for shipments in June. So consider this a sneak-peek! :)

Target price: $1499 per row. Some convincing features include FULL leather (no leather/vinyls), complete HARDWOOD construction (no pressboard or plywood), Stainless steel cupholders, tall back cushions, and the absolute best foam that money can buy. And we're doing it right here in the good 'ole USA!

mylan

Screenwriter
I like it, good design, I like leather all over. I am a rather tall guy, at 6'2" and most recliners hit me about mid leg, making any of them not suitable, i'd rather a sofa and an ottoman. Designers need to make an extended version that I can rest my legs on the chair and not hanging over them.

Don.l

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
Looks good to me. Are these the more narrow seats? I know there are seats that are about 40" wide per chair, and some that are move narrow. I can't tell by the spec sheet. To small for me to read. I do like the clean lines and they look simple and clean. I'm in the maket for seats. I've looked at the Berkline and Silver Screen seats. The Berklines are about $850 locally which is kind of high. The Silver Screens are a little less expensive. The thing I like about the Berkline 090's is the 3" wall clearance needed when reclined. My HT will be kind of tight.

Don

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
To be perfectly honest, I think they look a little ugly (big, black, and blocky), and probably don't have a high WAF. Have you had people of various sizes test them out for comfort?

Kyle McCabe

Stunt Coordinator

Hey, any criticism is good criticism in my opinion. Yes, we have had some various sized folks give them a test run. But still, you're right to assume that they're not for everyone.

Thanks again, guys!

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I'm spoiled by our Berklines....cushy and wider Ur "model" chairs, I'll probably delegate to guest and not for my family's use. I know, I know...hey..charity begins at home for me u know...

MikeHerbst

Stunt Coordinator
I like them, and I actually think the WAF on these would be higher than on a lot of HT seating we've seen. My wife has a strong hatred for the puffy "overstuffed" look.

If these are available in any sort of brown leather, we might have a winner for our new theater... (assuming we close on the house we're buying).

Kyle McCabe

Stunt Coordinator

Forgive me, but what is WAF? Sorry if that's a silly question. Anyway, these chairs could be put in any leather, even if you were to provide it yourself!

mylan

Screenwriter
Wife Acceptance Factor,applies to anything she may find offensive, decorating-wise;big subwoofers, exposed wiring, or even a too-big-display.

Mike Mitrook

Agent
I like them. They remind me of my leather recliner only with a more substantial back (which is the one thing I wish my recliner had). Nice clean lines, would probably look good in a variety of colors and settings. My wife thinks they look good as well.

EricN

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric
Hard to say without knowing the rest of the room decor. Standing alone they are a good looking set of seats. Depends on what else is in the room to say if they make sense.

Naturally, I assume they are comfortable for the LOTR's marathon viewing..:)

Kyle McCabe

Stunt Coordinator
Guys (and gals), your information is much appreciated! We've got the ball rolling and are cranking out chairs right now as I type this! Thank you so much for the input!!!

HAHA! I'd be up for that! Can we do a Band of Brothers marathon afterward? I'll bring the popcorn!!! :P

MikeHerbst

Stunt Coordinator
Cool. Wife and I will close on a new home in July, and we'll have a whole new family room to furnish. I'll start working on the wife right away! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks