Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Addams Familly : SE?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   DeathStar1

DeathStar1

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted February 13 2006 - 07:14 AM

Anyone know if a Special Edition is under consideration? I've held off buying the previous release for fear that one will be put out down the line soon after I bought them. But now, a few years later, i'm not so sure... just curious.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,794 posts

Posted February 13 2006 - 04:08 PM

Ive seen this on HBO lately in HD(looks fantastic!)and have been thinking of picking up the DVD - Ive always put it off. Its just so much fun to watch and I LOVE Julia's Gomez. It always makes me smile. A SE would be great.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Ocean Phoenix

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor

• 591 posts

Posted February 14 2006 - 09:51 AM

If anyone is going to make a special edition of this movie, they should do one for its sequel too. I saw it first, and after seeing "The Addams Family", I like both movies, but still like the sequel more.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,482 posts

Posted February 14 2006 - 10:50 AM

If Paramount's recent swing away from releasing unreleased titles to DVD and toward re-releasing older titles as "new collector's editions" (sometimes for a third go-around) is any indication, you'll see SE's of both ADDAMS FAMILY movies long before ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS or PHASE IV or CRACK IN THE WORLD or ACE IN THE HOLE or AFRICAN QUEEN or ... yadayadayada

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   David (C)

David (C)

Stunt Coordinator

• 220 posts

Posted February 17 2008 - 05:07 PM

I recently bought the "Two Things Are Better Than One" edition: it houses both films on a single disc with two theatrical trailers a piece. The video for the first film is actually strong, albeit there is some lost of fine detail, sharpness, and the green tint of the movie shifts to a purplish-red magenta on character's faces for certain scenes. Vaules looks worse than the VHS. I don't know Sonnenfeld's view on deleted footage from his films making it on dvd -- but I do know there are hours worth from both movies. A tribute to Raul Julia would be ideal.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,254 posts

Posted February 18 2008 - 05:36 AM

Ironically in the two years since this was posted we've seen Robinson Crusoe on Mars on dvd but have yet to receive a proper se of Addams Family.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   David (C)

David (C)

Stunt Coordinator

• 220 posts

Posted February 18 2008 - 05:47 AM

Sonnenfeld interview 2004

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users