-

Photo
- - - - -

Can i do any better for the money.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   SeanAH

SeanAH

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted December 24 2005 - 04:23 PM

Well, i started looking at JBLs, and found the great deal J&R is runnning. Right now they are all on sale, and its free shipping. So i may end up ordering tommorrow. Because, im not to sure when this sale will end.

Center channel JBL EC35 159

Two Fronts JBL e100's 539/pair

Sub JBL S120PII 349

Rears ( Still questionable) e50's 249/pair

Total cost 1300

Think i could do any better with that money, or get a better speaker(s)

jr.com/OMBasketDetail.process?RestartFlow=t&OMAction=BasketDetail

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   MikeLi

MikeLi

Supporting Actor

• 945 posts

Posted December 24 2005 - 09:30 PM

Yes you could do much better holding off and spending that money on good speakers first and saving for a good sub. Your going to have to spend a bit more for a good sub and you would be better off without one until you can get a good one. Take some advice from a guy that upgraded about 5 times over the last 10 years and wished I would haved pieced it together over time, I would have saved a fortune.

Take a look here and also give them a call.. Lots of times they have certain packages they are willing to let go cheaper this time of year than whats posted as well..
http://www.av123.com....s&product=14.1

Good Luck

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   DorianBryant

DorianBryant

Screenwriter

• 1,552 posts

Posted December 24 2005 - 10:58 PM

Although I don't like most JBL subs, that "S" series sub is a decent sub. That is a great price as that is a $600 subwoofer. Well worth $300. That is a decent price for the JBL's as well. Regardless of the fact the JBL's are sold at BB, for the prices at JandR, this would be a nice set-up...

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Matt Lagana

Matt Lagana

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted December 25 2005 - 02:11 AM

Go with E-80's in the front and E-30's in the rear. That would free up some cash for a better sub....

Matt

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   SeanAH

SeanAH

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted December 25 2005 - 03:29 AM

Does SVS produce a better line in their cylinder or box subs?

So if i were to go with the SVS PB12-ISD would i see a huge difference in quality? This is about a 325 dollar jump from the JBL with shipping.

Or the HSU STF-3, which i see for 650 shipped.

Btw, my room is 15x18x9h

Any other brands that produce a better sub from around 600?

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Stephen Houdek

Stephen Houdek

Second Unit

• 325 posts

Posted December 26 2005 - 02:26 AM

The JBL mains are fantastic speakers. I've listened to the JBL sub (in store) and wasn't that impressed.

I love my JBL main and SVS (PB12 Plus) setup. It is a great and affordable combo for music and movies.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   SeanAH

SeanAH

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted December 26 2005 - 09:36 AM

I went to BB today, saw the smaller versions the e80 and e60, I started playing around with their demo and wasnt terribly impressed. I was tempted to take a pair home and try out, but they look so cheaply put together... and they were at BB..Posted Image

Luckily that sale is still going on at JR, i think im going to do a little more shopping around.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted December 27 2005 - 09:15 AM

I suggest you look at and demo Paradigm speakers. IMO, they have some of the best speakers for the money. Look at the Performance line first. They are not available on-line, so you will have to find a local dealer. I think they are worth a look, though.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.