What's new

Can i do any better for the money. (1 Viewer)

SeanAH

Stunt Coordinator
Well, i started looking at JBLs, and found the great deal J&R is runnning. Right now they are all on sale, and its free shipping. So i may end up ordering tommorrow. Because, im not to sure when this sale will end.

Center channel JBL EC35 159

Two Fronts JBL e100's 539/pair

Sub JBL S120PII 349

Rears ( Still questionable) e50's 249/pair

Total cost 1300

Think i could do any better with that money, or get a better speaker(s)

jr.com/OMBasketDetail.process?RestartFlow=t&OMAction=BasketDetail

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Yes you could do much better holding off and spending that money on good speakers first and saving for a good sub. Your going to have to spend a bit more for a good sub and you would be better off without one until you can get a good one. Take some advice from a guy that upgraded about 5 times over the last 10 years and wished I would haved pieced it together over time, I would have saved a fortune.

Take a look here and also give them a call.. Lots of times they have certain packages they are willing to let go cheaper this time of year than whats posted as well..
http://www.av123.com/products_produc...s&product=14.1

Good Luck

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
Although I don't like most JBL subs, that "S" series sub is a decent sub. That is a great price as that is a $600 subwoofer. Well worth $300. That is a decent price for the JBL's as well. Regardless of the fact the JBL's are sold at BB, for the prices at JandR, this would be a nice set-up...

Go with E-80's in the front and E-30's in the rear. That would free up some cash for a better sub....

Matt

SeanAH

Stunt Coordinator
Does SVS produce a better line in their cylinder or box subs?

So if i were to go with the SVS PB12-ISD would i see a huge difference in quality? This is about a 325 dollar jump from the JBL with shipping.

Or the HSU STF-3, which i see for 650 shipped.

Btw, my room is 15x18x9h

Any other brands that produce a better sub from around 600?

Stephen Houdek

Second Unit
Real Name
S
The JBL mains are fantastic speakers. I've listened to the JBL sub (in store) and wasn't that impressed.

I love my JBL main and SVS (PB12 Plus) setup. It is a great and affordable combo for music and movies.

SeanAH

Stunt Coordinator
I went to BB today, saw the smaller versions the e80 and e60, I started playing around with their demo and wasnt terribly impressed. I was tempted to take a pair home and try out, but they look so cheaply put together... and they were at BB..:rolleyes:

Luckily that sale is still going on at JR, i think im going to do a little more shopping around.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I suggest you look at and demo Paradigm speakers. IMO, they have some of the best speakers for the money. Look at the Performance line first. They are not available on-line, so you will have to find a local dealer. I think they are worth a look, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks