What's new

Saw 2 (1 Viewer)

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
Is there already a SAW 2 thread? If there is, I am sorry, I can't seem to be able to find it.

I really look forward to this movie. The first one was absolutely awesome and by the looks of the trailer, I think the sequel looks pretty darn good too! What do you guys think? Am I the only one looking forward to this movie? October 28th by the way. ;)

Mark Palermo

Second Unit
I saw it this morning. It's really a terrible film. The filmmaking isn't as stylish and energized as in the first, so the sadism is basically left to speak for itself.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'm a huge fan of the first film, but the second one has me less than excited. Looks like a pretty typical 80s style go-for-the-money sequel.

Jason Roer

Supporting Actor
Looks to me liked they rushed this out the door to score the big Halloween scare bucks. I can't imagine this will be half the film the first one was. And I wasn't even a fan of the first.

Cheers,

Jason

RyanAn

Screenwriter

Please elaborate for us 80's cheeseball movie lovers... is that a bad thing? :)

Well, it's got the guy from the cancelled Jonny Zero, so that's money in the bank right there. heh... (I liked the show, I kid I kid)

Ryan

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
The wasn't a slam against 80s flicks, it was a slam against all of the money grubbing sequels made in the 80s (umpteen Friday the 13ths, Nightmares, Halloweens, Rockys, Rambos, etc). The 80s were the decade of the sequels. I'm not saying that I hated all of them, just saying that money was the motivation, as it is in the case of Saw 2.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I really do not mean for this to be a thread crap. But the theatre I saw Serenity at kept playing this trailer before Serenity, and the audience was clearly not the right one for it. They'd played previews for the next Harry Potter, the Chronicles of Narnia, all building up the wonderful feeling of wonder and amazement - and then the preview for Saw II comes on. Whispered comments of disgust, and the theatre on the verge of mass "boos" followed. It made me proud to be a human being, I must say.

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Actually, no, you probably must not say, if you're not trying to thread crap.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Odd, the movies i saw Serenity trailer for were obviously not the intended audience for that film either.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Thought Saw 2 was great, better than the first which I liked as well. Great ending and just the right amount of gore.

Loved how the ending tied into the first movie. I guess those left wondering if Dr Gordon survived long enough to get help, guess not lol. Also the syringe pit freaked me out, I HATE needles.

I liked Jigsaws directions, it's The Last House on the Left ;)

Van Patton

Second Unit
Thought this movie was awful.

The second half of the movie was a direct rip off of "The Shining." If I wanted to see women and children chased by psychos with knifes, I would rent that at Blockbuster. But the semi-creative ending was worth the $7.00

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
It looks like we'll soon see a "Saw III" as "Saw II" opened with 12 million on Friday alone.

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
What can I say? I liked it. I thought it was better than the first one.

I say bring on Saw 3.

"I liked Jigsaws directions, it's The Last House on the Left"

Haha, I knew that had to be a reference to the movie. It made me feel special since I was probably the only one in the theater to get that.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Oh, yes...there will be cash! :D

I enjoyed it. I think it was a worthy follow-up to the original. Tobin Bell gave a good performance as the unflappable Jigsaw. And if the Detective had just followed the rules, everything would have turned out just fine (well, excepting all the ex-con deaths). ;)

And did the reference to "over the Rainbow" with respect to the order of the numbers in the safe combination mean anything? I couldn't figure that one out.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed it, but thought the first one was better. Not too sure about the idea of where this is heading for a Part 3, though...

Dave Hackman

Stunt Coordinator
This was a disappointing sequel that seemed more interested in developing multiple story lines then in quality interesting moments. Human puzzles were downplayed in favor of a group therapy session that dissolves into a stalker sequence reminiscent of Cube 2. The police interrogation with the jigsaw killer was painful to watch mainly due to poor acting by all especially Donnie Wahlberg who seemed out of control and unbelievable as the lead detective.

I liked the first one a lot and had high hopes for this. In the third, I would minimize the police moments and focus on interesting traps and compelling characters that people can care about. Develop a more interesting story that forces people to really dig deep and make sacrifices to survive. Reduce the amount of camera spinning to those moments where the tension becomes unbearable to watch.

I don’t like the fact that the Jigsaw killer is known in this movie and in the third but I expect there to be a better surprise ending as to who is really in charge of the game.

C-

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
I didn't think it was scary or suspenseful at all. For the most part I felt nothing about it. I didn't particularly care whether the characters lived or died. I haven't seen Saw.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

I actually thought those were the best parts of the film. I thought the actor who played the Jigsaw Killer and Wahlberg were the two best in the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks