Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Highlander: Raven on 6.14.05

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Will_C

Will_C

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted June 09 2005 - 12:12 AM

Just learned that Highlander:Raven will be released next Tuesday, 6.14.05. I never did get to see the series when it originally aired, but I've heard some negative reviews from Highlander fans on it. I remember back when the series started all the furor about Elizabeth Gracen admitting that when she was Miss Arkansas she had an affair with then governor Bill Clinton. Anyone planning to get this series because they like it, or just to complete their Highlander collection? Though I've never seen it, I guess I'll get it to judge for myself, and if nothing else, it'll complete my collection.
Rick Hunter
USMC Force Recon Scout Sniper
"If you run, you'll only die tired."

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco

Screenwriter

• 2,462 posts

Posted June 09 2005 - 02:56 AM

Never even heard of this. I only heard of Highlander with Adrian Paul. Not that I watched it, except for the premiere.
Studios, caption your internet streams.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,670 posts

Posted June 09 2005 - 12:01 PM

My wife and I really enjoyed Highlander and I had all 6 seasons on VHS and now on DVD. Highlander Raven was OK but not a favorite show of mine. However I will probably get it to complete my Highlander collection.

Posted Image

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 01:26 PM

I remember seeing a couple of episodes of this show. I thought it was alright as well, not great though. I'll also be picking it up though to complete the Highlander collection....besides, I always liked the Amanda character whenever she showed up in the Highlander series.
Recently watched- Die Hard 2: Die Harder, Die Hard, Up 3D, The Grandmaster, Edge Of Tomorrow 3D, The Comedy Of Terrors, The Raven(1963), Mulholland Falls, Saturn 3, Cheers: Season 6, Nosferatu: The Vampyre, Battle Beyond The Stars, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers(1978), Ransom, Dragonheart, Tomb Of Ligeia

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Arrow: Season 2, Star Trek: Season 1

"Now I have a machinegun.  HO-HO-HO"

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted June 16 2005 - 01:39 AM

I picked this up a couple of days ago and put a disc in the player. The series is in widescreen......but not anamorphic!!!!Posted Image WTF!? Last I looked at my calendar, it was 2005....why anyone would release ANYTHING without 16:9 enhancement these days is beyond my comprehension.Posted Image Disappointing to say the least.Posted Image Posted Image
Recently watched- Die Hard 2: Die Harder, Die Hard, Up 3D, The Grandmaster, Edge Of Tomorrow 3D, The Comedy Of Terrors, The Raven(1963), Mulholland Falls, Saturn 3, Cheers: Season 6, Nosferatu: The Vampyre, Battle Beyond The Stars, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers(1978), Ransom, Dragonheart, Tomb Of Ligeia

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Arrow: Season 2, Star Trek: Season 1

"Now I have a machinegun.  HO-HO-HO"