Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Costs to start a drive inn theater?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Kevin_Kr

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor

• 908 posts

Posted June 18 2001 - 11:16 AM

Working on a project and need help figuring all the costs involved. Obviously land,lighting, projector (what kind, used prefferably, price?) Building for concessions, something to broadcast sound to radio frequency(what is this called and how much?) Screen(How much) Distrubution fees obviously, labor to put screen up and set up projector(how much) general labor (employees etc) advertising, can anybody think of anything else? All help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   ChrisB

ChrisB

Stunt Coordinator

• 95 posts

Posted June 18 2001 - 03:18 PM

Kevin- I am not a "drive in" expert, but to me you need to provide a few more details. First what part of the country is a big one, down south labor is cheap, up here in the north we cost alot more(electricans that is). As for lighting and stuff, it would all depend on the area to be covered, along with how much candle power you want to provide. My only sugestion would be to find one of the few drive in's still intact(maybe even shut down) and buy alot of the equipment used if money is a factor. The are alot of auctions on resturant equipment, and many places sell referbished stuff. I got a friend whos dream is to build a drive in, along with a golf range. There is one left in my area, its to bad, I can still remember the family sitting at the drive in.
It was like that when I got here,
Chris B
SOCOM handle "HTF-Black6"

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese

Screenwriter

• 2,766 posts

Posted June 18 2001 - 06:05 PM

Kevin,

I would check this link out:http://www.boxoff.com first.
Use the "Buyer's Directory" and the "Industry Links" to find more info on your project. Good luck!
"Go ahead...make my day."

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,550 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted June 18 2001 - 08:55 PM

So are you building this in your back yard? That would be one heckuva home theater. Posted Image

- Steve

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Kevin_Kr

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor

• 908 posts

Posted June 19 2001 - 05:02 AM

How did you guess!!!!

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Kevin_Kr

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor

• 908 posts

Posted June 19 2001 - 02:26 PM

This will bein the midwest South Dakota to be exact. All input is appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users