What's new

Costs to start a drive inn theater? (1 Viewer)

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
Working on a project and need help figuring all the costs involved. Obviously land,lighting, projector (what kind, used prefferably, price?) Building for concessions, something to broadcast sound to radio frequency(what is this called and how much?) Screen(How much) Distrubution fees obviously, labor to put screen up and set up projector(how much) general labor (employees etc) advertising, can anybody think of anything else? All help would be greatly appreciated!

ChrisB

Stunt Coordinator
Kevin-
I am not a "drive in" expert, but to me you need to provide a few more details. First what part of the country is a big one, down south labor is cheap, up here in the north we cost alot more(electricans that is). As for lighting and stuff, it would all depend on the area to be covered, along with how much candle power you want to provide. My only sugestion would be to find one of the few drive in's still intact(maybe even shut down) and buy alot of the equipment used if money is a factor. The are alot of auctions on resturant equipment, and many places sell referbished stuff. I got a friend whos dream is to build a drive in, along with a golf range. There is one left in my area, its to bad, I can still remember the family sitting at the drive in.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Kevin,
I would check this link out:Link Removed first.
Use the "Buyer's Directory" and the "Industry Links" to find more info on your project. Good luck!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
So are you building this in your back yard? That would be one heckuva home theater. :)
- Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks