Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Team America Rated vs. Unrated

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 OFFLINE   Bob clamer

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted May 25 2005 - 06:07 AM

What is the difference between the rated and unrated version of Team America? I only see a 1 minute difference between the two time wise. Thanks.

#2 of 16 OFFLINE   Jeremy

Jeremy

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted May 25 2005 - 06:09 AM

Puppet sex.

Quote:
If I wanted wooden sex with strings attached, I'd get married. - Bill Maher

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." -- Elvis Costello

#3 of 16 OFFLINE   Bob clamer

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted May 25 2005 - 06:10 AM

That was all? That scene seemed longer than a minute.

#4 of 16 OFFLINE   Jeremy

Jeremy

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted May 25 2005 - 06:12 AM

Only part of the sex scene was removed for theatrical release. They removed some "over-the-top" stuff.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." -- Elvis Costello

#5 of 16 OFFLINE   Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

Lead Actor

• 6,530 posts

Posted May 25 2005 - 07:53 AM

Quote:
Puppet sex.

Make that "scatological puppet sex". If you do not know the definition of "scatological", then trust me, you want the theatrical version. If you do know the definition, ...uhhh, you still want the theatrical version (unless you are very, very weird).Posted Image

Seriously, I've heard the added material of the unrated version really takes a formerly funny scene a bit too far, even for hardcore fans of Matt and Trey.

#6 of 16 OFFLINE   Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,249 posts

Posted May 25 2005 - 07:56 AM

Quote:
Only part of the sex scene was removed for theatrical release. They removed some "over-the-top" stuff.

Yup. I doubt the unrated cut is even a whole minute longer - I expect it's closer to 30 seconds...
Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#7 of 16 OFFLINE   John Macri

John Macri

Stunt Coordinator

• 90 posts

Posted May 25 2005 - 08:46 AM

A very uncomfortable 30 seconds...

#8 of 16 OFFLINE   Eddie W.

Eddie W.

Stunt Coordinator

• 63 posts

Posted May 25 2005 - 09:09 AM

I wish I had bought the R-rated version. The added seconds seem like they were added just to give the MPAA something to demand to cut. Or to be able to market an unrated version. But what's there is icky and diverted from my enjoyment of the film.

#9 of 16 OFFLINE   Jace_A

Jace_A

Second Unit

• 293 posts

Posted May 25 2005 - 09:41 AM

Parker has stated that the only reason the scenes were put into the film was so that the MPAA would demand they be cut for an "R" rating. Apparently, he wasn't too keen on re-inserting them into the DVD and, having viewed them, I have to agree.

#10 of 16 OFFLINE   Ian_H

Ian_H

Supporting Actor

• 571 posts

Posted May 25 2005 - 06:19 PM

Still funny though. Although it wasn't as simple as they had hoped they still had to submit it 10 times to get the "R".

--Ian

#11 of 16 OFFLINE   Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,249 posts

Posted May 26 2005 - 01:50 AM

I normally hate gross-out humor, but I thought the added bits were among the movie's funniest. They're so insanely over the top that they're amusing...
Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#12 of 16 OFFLINE   Dave_Hughes

Dave_Hughes

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted May 27 2005 - 12:31 AM

I got the unrated version and wish I hadn't. That addition to the sex scene is over the line for me. I like the movie well enough to double dip and get the R rated version. Just wish I got it to begin with.
BTW - I got the soundtrack album when it came out last year. I recommend that as well.

DH

#13 of 16 OFFLINE   Adam_R

Adam_R

Second Unit

• 395 posts

Posted May 27 2005 - 03:02 AM

I can't belive you guys are sorry you got the unrated version over a couple seconds of fake pooing and peeing.

Posted Image
Guess what...

#14 of 16 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,535 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 27 2005 - 04:10 AM

It's not fake! Those puppets are really doing a number on each other (a number three, that is!). Posted Image
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#15 of 16 OFFLINE   Jonathan Dagmar

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor

• 723 posts

Posted May 27 2005 - 07:14 PM

i too was annoyed by the pooping. i could have lived with the peeing, i mean "what the hell is wrong with german people!", but the poop was too much.

For myself I can deal with it, even though it kinda ruins the scene, but it hampers my ability to watch it with certain other people. my mom for instance was enjoying it up unitl that exact moment, and then she got up and left.

#16 of 16 OFFLINE   Mike Heenan

Mike Heenan

Second Unit

• 405 posts

Posted May 28 2005 - 04:52 PM

Seeing what other movies have added to their so called "unrated" special editions, I'd say this is finally one movie that deserves an "unrated" label. I can't count how many movies with the "unrated" label that are just lame bits added into the film that wouldn't make the MPAA cut them in any way.

Forum Nav Content I Follow