Team America Rated vs. Unrated

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Bob clamer, May 25, 2005.

1. Bob clamer

Bob clamer Supporting Actor

What is the difference between the rated and unrated version of Team America? I only see a 1 minute difference between the two time wise. Thanks.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Stunt Coordinator

Puppet sex.

3. Bob clamer

Bob clamer Supporting Actor

That was all? That scene seemed longer than a minute.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Stunt Coordinator

Only part of the sex scene was removed for theatrical release. They removed some "over-the-top" stuff.

5. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

Make that "scatological puppet sex". If you do not know the definition of "scatological", then trust me, you want the theatrical version. If you do know the definition, ...uhhh, you still want the theatrical version (unless you are very, very weird).[​IMG]

Seriously, I've heard the added material of the unrated version really takes a formerly funny scene a bit too far, even for hardcore fans of Matt and Trey.

6. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

Yup. I doubt the unrated cut is even a whole minute longer - I expect it's closer to 30 seconds...

7. John Macri

John Macri Stunt Coordinator

A very uncomfortable 30 seconds...

8. Eddie W.

Eddie W. Stunt Coordinator

I wish I had bought the R-rated version. The added seconds seem like they were added just to give the MPAA something to demand to cut. Or to be able to market an unrated version. But what's there is icky and diverted from my enjoyment of the film.

9. Jace_A

Jace_A Second Unit

Parker has stated that the only reason the scenes were put into the film was so that the MPAA would demand they be cut for an "R" rating. Apparently, he wasn't too keen on re-inserting them into the DVD and, having viewed them, I have to agree.

10. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

Still funny though. Although it wasn't as simple as they had hoped they still had to submit it 10 times to get the "R".

--Ian

11. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

I normally hate gross-out humor, but I thought the added bits were among the movie's funniest. They're so insanely over the top that they're amusing...

12. Dave_Hughes

Dave_Hughes Auditioning

I got the unrated version and wish I hadn't. That addition to the sex scene is over the line for me. I like the movie well enough to double dip and get the R rated version. Just wish I got it to begin with.
    BTW - I got the soundtrack album when it came out last year. I recommend that as well.

DH

13. Adam_R

Adam_R Second Unit

I can't belive you guys are sorry you got the unrated version over a couple seconds of fake pooing and peeing.

[​IMG]

14. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    It's not fake! Those puppets are really doing a number on each other (a number three, that is!). [​IMG]

15. Jonathan Dagmar

Jonathan Dagmar Supporting Actor

i too was annoyed by the pooping. i could have lived with the peeing, i mean "what the hell is wrong with german people!", but the poop was too much.

For myself I can deal with it, even though it kinda ruins the scene, but it hampers my ability to watch it with certain other people. my mom for instance was enjoying it up unitl that exact moment, and then she got up and left.

16. Mike Heenan

Mike Heenan Second Unit

Seeing what other movies have added to their so called "unrated" special editions, I'd say this is finally one movie that deserves an "unrated" label. I can't count how many movies with the "unrated" label that are just lame bits added into the film that wouldn't make the MPAA cut them in any way.