What's new

Pre-Order Team America (2004) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
337434_front.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
I wonder if this will include both versions or only the "Uncensored" cut? The only difference between them is a really gross extension to the sex scene that I've always felt goes too far and is more repulsive than funny.

I'd also hope for a new video transfer. The prior Blu-ray was a DNR'ed mess.

Morevover, it would be nice if this one included the DVD bonus features that the last Blu-ray dropped.

Last edited:

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I wonder if this will include both versions or is only the "Uncensored" cut? The only difference between them is a really gross extension to the sex scene that I've always felt goes too far and is more repulsive than funny.

Morevover, it would be nice if this one included the DVD bonus features that the last Blu-ray dropped.
I’ll never understand why Bonus Features are dropped from Disc to disc. It they are made “in house”, the studio should own them. Why not use them? Does it cost to add bonus features to a disc if they are owned?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if this will include both versions or is only the "Uncensored" cut?
Shout Factory has two running times listed on their site so I'd guess that it does have both cuts. Also, the pic lists this as a "2-Disc Set" on the spine so that makes me think it'll have both. All that's just a guess until they announce the full specs in a month and a half or two though.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Haven’t seen this movie in years! I think I only ever owned the original DVD. Also makes me think of BASEketball and Orgasmo.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Now, if only somebody would release a Blu-ray of Cannibal! The Musical, it would truly be a shpadoinkle day.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
If it's just more of the puppets on the job, then I'm not that interested (once you've seen it once...), but if all the extras are back, then it's a must buy (& I hope a region B release from someone). Great film, I was in tears of laughter in the cinema. I do wonder if it's possible to make a film like this in todays climate.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
If it's just more of the puppets on the job, then I'm not that interested (once you've seen it once...), but if all the extras are back, then it's a must buy (& I hope a region B release from someone). Great film, I was in tears of laughter in the cinema. I do wonder if it's possible to make a film like this in todays climate.
It wouldd be on digital um streaming like Netflix or Amazon (which ran the last Borat movie/film) where a glimspe of stocking is no longer shocking and Anything Goes ;)!

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Certainly not without alterations. I feel like dirka dirkastan would have to go. Trey voicing Kim Jong Il in a stereotypical Asian accent might not fly. Gary donning “brown face” would probably raise flags (even though it’s freaking puppets). Also “Everyone has AIDS!”. “Film Actors Guild” would also have to go

Last edited:

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
Now, if only somebody would release a Blu-ray of Cannibal! The Musical, it would truly be a shpadoinkle day.
Was CtM shot on film? It’s basically a student film, but it’s worth having if only for the drunken commentary where they both forget to flip the tape over and leave to go to a strip club.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I wonder if this will include both versions or only the "Uncensored" cut? The only difference between them is a really gross extension to the sex scene that I've always felt goes too far and is more repulsive than funny.

JoshZ Johnson is RIGHT! (To steal from a different satire.)

I remember this as one of the titles in the Paramount sizzle reel for the blu ray format, but never materializing. Then when the import disc came out, it was just awful. If this isn’t a different transfer, it will be incredibly frustrating.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Was CtM shot on film? It’s basically a student film, but it’s worth having if only for the drunken commentary where they both forget to flip the tape over and leave to go to a strip club.
IMDB says it was shot on 16mm and blown up to 35mm for release. The DVD came from Troma, so it probably looked like it was shot on video.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks