Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

I'm on vacation and bump into an actor

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 of 34 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,285 posts

Posted April 13 2005 - 06:22 AM

I'm up at Mammoth Mountain, walking the halls of the main lodge and run across an actor, one of which I cannot identify. I didn't interrupt him as he was with his family but it's killing me that I cannot put a name to his face. I cannot think of any films he's been in, he's done more TV work then film and has been more of a supporting actor then lead. What to do? Walk the isles at BB in hopes of seeing his face on a dvd cover?
You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#2 of 34 OFFLINE   Holadem

Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted April 13 2005 - 06:38 AM

Fret not, it will probably occur to you as you're standing half asleep in the bathroom taking a piss at 2:53AM on a Tuesday. -- H

#3 of 34 OFFLINE   Mark Sherman

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor

• 783 posts

Posted April 13 2005 - 07:04 AM

Ron P at a Blockbuster. "Hey do you have that movie with the guy that came out a few years ago" Sorry ron cant help you but you can try IMDB
Making the world a better Place one Plasma and LCD at a time

#4 of 34 OFFLINE   Holadem

Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted April 13 2005 - 07:12 AM

Posted Image

--
H

#5 of 34 OFFLINE   LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted April 13 2005 - 08:19 AM

It might be easier to try and remember the name of a cp-star in one of this guy's movies or TV shows. Semi-related, I've thought a good website would be one that has headshots of "famous" character actors that appear in hundreds (sometimes it seems like thousands) of movies and TV shows, like Strother Martin, L. Q. Jones, Don Stroud, Bruce Cabot, Luke Askew, Anthony Zerbe, etc., but I'm not sure of the legality of such a page.

#6 of 34 OFFLINE   Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy

Producer

• 3,764 posts

Posted April 13 2005 - 08:49 AM

Can you post a rough sketch or something, we're grasping at straws here....
"Did you know that more people are murdered at 92 degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature? I read an article once. Lower temperatures, people are easy-going, over 92 and it's too hot to move, but just 92, people get irritable."

#7 of 34 OFFLINE   Julian Reville

Julian Reville

Screenwriter

• 1,197 posts

Posted April 13 2005 - 08:53 AM

Law and Order voice: "White, black, tall, short, thin, fat, beard, clean-shaven, hair color, bald, young, old? Can't you give us something to go on?"

#8 of 34 OFFLINE   Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted April 13 2005 - 09:50 AM

If you have an opportunity, and a pen and piece of paper ready to go, how about asking, "May I have your autograph please?" Just hope that: 1)He's agreeable. 2)It's legible. 3)He doesn't ask you which of his roles is your favorite.
"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#9 of 34 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,285 posts

Posted April 13 2005 - 10:04 AM

Tall / big (no fat), short sandy-brown/blond'ish hair, deep voice, kinda of a chubby face, kinda plain looking as well.
Decked out in ski gear with my ski's/poles and my daughters in hands, I had no access to pen and paper. Even if I did I'd not bother him for an auto. Sorry guys, this is more a venting thread then anything as everything about this guy escapes. Again, no major actor here.

#10 of 34 OFFLINE   Brad Porter

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

• 1,757 posts

Posted April 13 2005 - 12:24 PM

Was it Tom Wilson ? He's 6'3", married with 4 kids, and has a fairly deep voice when he's knocking you on the head and shouting "McFly!" Posted Image

Brad
We apologise for the unnecessary truncation and lack of formatting control in the signature. Those responsible should be sacked.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

#11 of 34 OFFLINE   LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted April 14 2005 - 05:42 AM

The only change I would make to that site is when you load the page it shows all the actor's faces and when you click on it, then you get the bio. Character actors are known more for their faces than their names. Often I'll be reading a blurb to see if I want to watch an old movie and not recognize the names, but when I watch it I'll recognize just about everyone in it.

#12 of 34 OFFLINE   Alf S

Alf S

Screenwriter

• 1,512 posts

Posted April 14 2005 - 05:48 AM

Maybe it was this thespian:

Posted Image
WOOSAH!.

#13 of 34 OFFLINE   Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted April 14 2005 - 09:34 AM

Bizzaro Opie!
"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#14 of 34 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,285 posts

Posted April 14 2005 - 09:48 AM

Close but no cigar Tom. Not even close there Alf. I've just about given up hope on putting a name to this guys face. Until I see a film or TV show with him in it, it's hopeless.

#15 of 34 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,308 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 14 2005 - 02:55 PM

How recently did this happen? Any chance you can call the place, tell someone at the front desk when you were there and ask if they know who the guy was? I worked part time at different hotels in Maryland and New York when I was in college, and we had the odd political (mostly Maryland/D.C.) or show biz (mostly New York) celebrity guests. I usually knew who even the minor ones were, and I often had other guests stop by the desk and ask if the short/tall/thin/fat guy or gal was somebody famous, and if so, who? Regards, Joe

#16 of 34 OFFLINE   Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter

• 1,370 posts

Posted April 14 2005 - 05:17 PM

What no camera phone, sounds like someone needs a sidekick.Posted Image

#17 of 34 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,285 posts

Posted April 15 2005 - 03:38 AM

I've got a company Nextel, it sucks, but it's free. It all took place on Wednesday, March 9th, of this year. But, considering the traffic that goes through that mountain I highly doubt I'd be able to get any type of decent info. Someday I'll see his face and BAM!

#18 of 34 OFFLINE   Dennis*G

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor

• 524 posts

Posted April 15 2005 - 04:20 PM

sure, but will you remember to come back to this thread and update it Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 of 34 OFFLINE   Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter

• 1,425 posts

Posted April 16 2005 - 05:07 AM

Ron, I suggest you drink on it. Beer is known to loosen the synapses up a bit Posted Image
Tim's Essential Music

Xbox Live gamertag: Stangboy124

#20 of 34 OFFLINE   FredHD

FredHD

Stunt Coordinator

• 177 posts

Posted April 16 2005 - 04:56 PM

[Mrs. Swan] He looka likea man [/Mrs. Swan]
"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Albert Einstein, physicist, Nobel Prize 1921

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users