What's new

Southern California Meet...Something Big is Brewing... (1 Viewer)

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Right now we have confirmed dates of May 3rd, 4th and 6th. That's a Thursday, Friday and Sunday. At this time I have to limit attending members to Southern California residents. That includes San Diego through Los Angeles. The purpose of this meet is to give local HTF members a chance to experience what traveling HTF members took part in during the National meet. Right now, confirmed participants include 20th Century Fox, Paramount, DTS and yours truly. I am still talking with Gary Epstein of Dolby Labs, and if they have no conflicting activities, they will probably climb aboard as well. At the end of March, I will start the lists of attendees for each event. Please, please, please, do not commit to an event unless you know you have the free day. Previous National meets included locals who bailed out at the last minute and really messed things up. OK, post away for a preliminary "I'm In!" sound off!
------------------

JaredB

Agent
David,
I'm definately in for Sunday and possibly for one or both of the other days - especially if the WGA strike hits on May 1st. (that would make it a lot easier to get time off :P )

Jean Weitzmann

Stunt Coordinator
I'm In.. all the way...
JW
cool.gif

rin

Stunt Coordinator
David,
Thanks, I had a great time last year meeting all the members and studio folks and seeing The Phantom Menace for the first time.
I would love to be there for the festivities this time too.
If there's room, I'm in!
rin
------------------
My Home Theater

Jonathan Burk

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Burk
I'm in for the first two days
icon14.gif
, but not for Sunday
frown.gif
------------------
Pisces: (Feb. 19--March 20)
Try to keep things in proper perspective this week, even after you lose your left eye to marauding longbowmen.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Please count me in for all three days. I'm going to submit those days off on Monday, should be no problem.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
David,
I'm in please! Please keep us advised as to how many (and who) make the final cut for each event... I need to put in for the vacation time but don't want to use it then if I didn't make the cut.
Thanks!
Mark

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
What I know is we will get up to 50 So Cal HTF members in for the FOX activities, and up to 60 for the Paramount activities. Probably between 30 and 40 for DTS. Still waiting to hear from Dolby. I can get between 20 and 25 for the "closing ceremony" at my house. Some of them would be Standing Room Only. I am going to start the official lists of attendees at mid-March, so that would be the time to request vacation days from work. To make it fair for everyone, we may do the door prizes at one of the venues so everyone will at least get a chance to win something. Sunday will be an advace screening of a DVD, catered lunch, demo of out of Region dvd's, etc. Should be fun.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks