What's new

Directors my fav. tv characters (1 Viewer)

scottLarson

Agent
1. Homer Simpson-He is one of the most recognizable characters of all time. He has lot of catch phrase Even one as made the dictionary. D’oh

2. Al Bundy-He is not your typical dad because he does not know best. This character broke many taboo rules in tv good or bad.

3. Norm-He is one of the main reasons that I really like Cheers. He is one of the funniest TV characters of all time.

4. Archie Bunker-One of the most influence TV characters. If not for the success of Archie Bunker breaking tv rules will not have Al Bundy, Homer Simpson, and Peter Griffin.

5. Bart and Lisa Simpson-In the early years of the Simpsons. Bart was the main character with Homer on the side. Lisa is a perfect foil to Bart. She is complete opposite of Bart
and it works.

6. Eric Cartman-He is probably one of the most selfish characters of all time. We love him for it. If he was real half the things that he says would probably would lead into asskicking.

7. Frasier-He is a rarity in TV history. He was involved with two long running tv sitcoms. How many TV characters can say that?

8. Beavis and Butt-Head-One of the main reasons that tv animation got going in the 90’s. These were also very controversial because parents cried wolf when some kid sets fire
because Beavis says fire.

9. Joey-He is my fav Character on Friends. I think he is one of the reasons that Friends was so popular

10. Chandler-My second fav character on Friends. He is one of the most sarcastic
characters of all time. If not for Chandler there will be no Joey. I think that is main problem with the tv show Joey. Joey as no foil to play off on.

11. Cliff-He is the sidekick for Norm. He is great foil to Norm and Carla.

12. Peg Bundy-Al Bundy will not be Al Bundy without Peg.

13. Niles-He and Frasier make a great comedy team.

14. Carla-She is one of the most sarcastic characters of all time. She is really harsh towards Cliff and my least fav on Cheers which is Diane

15. Master Shake-More then Cartman He is the most selfish character of all time. One of the greatest pick on people characters. I love it when he picks on Meatwad.
16.Tim Tyler-One of the funniest at getting hurt. Great physical comedy.

17.Barney Five-Can’t have fav tv characters list without Barney.

18.Ren & Stimpy-The first rude animation tv characters in the history of tv. These cats led to Beavis and Butt-Head and South Park

19.Carl-He,Al Bundy and Tim are the best at getting hurt. I think that Carl is better because he is a cartoon which means he can hurt more often and worse

20.Bender-Great voice work for this character. He is my fav character on Futurma

21.Stewie-One of the few baby characters I like. Other then Maggie and Pebbles, He is probably the most famous baby cartoon tv character of all time.

22.Fred and Barney-The first tv animation character that broke through.

23.Scooby and Shaggy-Probably the greatest dog tv character of all time and human cartoon character of all time

24. Frank and Marie Barone-My fav characters on everybody loves Raymond. There great foils for each other and the rest of the cast. Strong enough characters to have their own show.

25.Meatwad and Frylock-Great foil to Master Shake. If not for these characters I don’t think that Master Shake would be as cool.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Good thread idea.

1. Clark Kent (Smallville) Tom Welling is excellent as the future man of steel.

2. Hank Hill (King of the Hill) An old fashioned kind of guy, a good father and one hell of a propane salesman.

3. Boomhauer (King of the Hill) Dang o' man, I tell you what, tha ding ol' talkin all crazy, can't understand that' need ol' dictionary man.

4. Lex Luthor (Smallville) Micheal Rosenbaum nails that charactor, even more so than Gene Hackman IMO.

5. Gabrielle Solis (Desperate Houswives) Just for Eva Longoria's hotness! She's by far the finest woman in prime time, I can't take my eye's off her when she's on-screen!

6. Alan Shore (Boston Legal/The Practice) As played by James Spader, he's so damn smug, but he's also very smooth and cool with a very unique, and funny, frequent use of the english vocabulary.

7. Adrian Monk (Monk) The funniest, and most warm hearted, detective in recent memory, he almost makes being a nervous-nelly seem not so bad.

8. Sherona Flemming (Monk) For her weekly cleavage! :) Also, because she care's for Monk. It's going to really suck when she leaves the show. :frowning:

9. Joe Rogan (Fear Factor) Because of his no quit spirit and go get em attitude, he's the reason half of the contestant's don't just throw in the towel when the stunt is introduced. It's fun watching him get pissed when someone quits over something stupid.

10. Jonathan Kent (Smallville) As played by John Shnieder, he is the quintessential father figure, kind but stern, stubborn but loving and willing to risk his own life for his family.

11. Inspector Sledge Hammer (Sledge Hammer!) Lasting only two hilarious seasons, this is the crazy trigger happy lawman who's hatred of criminal scum and yogurt eatin' creeps is matched only by his love of violence, excessive force and a certain 44 Magnum. Trust him, he know's what he's doing. :laugh:

12. Buffy Summers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) Anyone who says that Sarah Michelle Gellar has little acting range, has obviously never watched this show.

I could be here all night listing all of them from my entire tv watching life, so i'll stop right here. I'll come back in and make additions when my patience returns. :)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I once heard that the character of Frasier is the longest running character ever.

1984 - 2004 = 20 years
----------------------
1984 - 1993 (Cheers)
1993 - 2004 (Frasier)

The only one who could ever come close, would be "Joey" (i.e. Matt LeBlanc), but his new show would have to be on the air until 2014. :D

LewB

Screenwriter
In no particular order -

Tony Soprano - 'sometimes you just have to take time to stop and smell the gorilla s--t'
Al Swearengen - 'c-cksuckers!'
No. 6 - 'Be seeing you ...'

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Lex Luther ~ He is by far my favorite character in any show. M. Roesenbaum IS Lex Luther.

Bill Haverchuck ~ I am such a sucker for nerdy guys. He is my favorite character on Freaks and Geeks. I will watch episodes and rewind his scenes over and over.

Marshall ~ When I first started watching Alias I was like, " Hey that is the tourist guy from Roswell". I love him. He is yet another nerdy guy I am inlove with. He brings alot of much needed comic relief to the show and the show really wouldn't be the same without him.

The entire Seinfeld cast ~ It's my favorite show ever!

Max Evans ~ He made the show. He is just one of those guys you would love to know. Mysterious but sort of scary at the same time.

Sydney Bristow ~ She kicks so much ass and is beyond hot.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Wha the shit?

Where in the hell is

Captain James T. Kirk??

Kelly Bundy??

Samantha Miceli??

Alex Keaton??

KITT??

Mr. Spock??

Bo And Luke Duke??

Jack Bauer??

George Mason??

Larry, Daryl, And Daryl??

The Reverend Jim??

Dan Fielding??

RALPH KRAMDEN????

ED NORTON????

Martin Tupper??

Louie DePalma??

Lust (Herman's Head)??

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Tony Soprano - The Sopranos
Frank Black - Millennium
Al Swearengen - Deadwood
Garek,Ben Sisko,Gul Dukat - Deep Space Nine
Homer Simpson - The Simpsons
Al Bundy - Married With Children

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Great thread but I have no idea why this is in the polls area. If this is in the polls area, almost every thread should be. Wierd choice by the mod.

Anyway in no particular order,

Al Bundy
Starbuck
General Lee (who says a character needs to be animate :))
Data
Paulie Walnuts
Londo Molari
Vic Mackey
Lurch
Alf

Andy

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
Lt. Colleen McMurphy
John Crichton
Chiana
Fox Mulder
Dana Scully
Claudia Jean Cregg
Speed Racer
Capt. John McIntyre
Detective Harry Hooperman
Winifred Burkle
Det. James McNulty
Omar Little

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator
Here's my list, in no particular order... well, I guess I'll group them by show, if there's more than one:

Lorelai Gilmore..... (Gilmore Girls)
Emily Gilmore..... (Gilmore Girls)
Luke Danes..... (Gilmore Girls)
Jack O'Neill..... (Stargate SG-1)
Samantha Carter..... (Stargate SG-1)
John Doe..... (Uh, from "John Doe" LOL)
Niles Crane..... (Frasier)
Joan Gerardi..... (Joan of Arcadia)
Thomas Magnum..... (Magnum, P.I.)

Hmmmmmm... this is quite a bit harder than I thought it would be. It's hard, thinking about shows that I haven't seen in years, and trying to judge them by what I can remember. That's why my list is short, and mostly from newer shows.
I'll come back through out the day and update the list as I come up with more for it.
:)

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
GEORGE COSTANZA

PETER DRAGON (Fox's ACTION)

DAVID BRENT (BBC's OFFICE)

JESSICA TATE (SOAP) and The General

I second Bill Haverchuck, Spock, Data, and Garak

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Colonel Potter - M*A*S*H
Archie Bunker - All in the Family
Edith Bunker - All in the Family
Flo - Alice
Mel Sharples - Alice
Bosco - Third Watch
Faith Yokas - Third Watch
Frank Pembleton - Homicide
Jack Bauer - 24
Sherry Palmer - 24
Nina Myers - 24
George Mason - 24
Ira Gaines - 24
Grandpa and Grandma - The Waltons
Frank and Marie Barone - Everybody Loves Raymond
Louie DePalma - Taxi
Jim Ignotowski - Taxi
Jordan - The Bernie Mac Show
Sophia Petrillo - The Golden Girls
Nelson Muntz - The Simpsons

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
The Soprano Family - The Sopranos
Lindsay Weir - Freaks and Geeks
George, Elaine, Jerry and Kramer - Seinfeld
Ruth Fisher - Six Feet Under
Al Bundy - Married with Children
Bender Bending Rodriguez - Futurama
Larry David - Curb Your Enthusiasm

Robyn

Stunt Coordinator
Archie Bunker - All in the Family
Eric Cartman - South Park
Thelma Harper - Mama's Family
Laverne DeFazio - Laverne & Shirley
Shirley Feeney - Laverne & Shirley
Georgia Lass - Dead Like Me
Rube Sofer - Dead Like Me
Jack Tripper - Three's Company
Charles Ingalls - Little House on the Prarie
Dennis Finch - Just Shoot Me!
Jack MacFarland - Will and Grace
George Lopez - The George Lopez Show
Charlene Frazier - Designing Women
Suzanne Sugarbaker - Designing Women

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Special Agent Dale Cooper - Twin Peaks
Leland Palmer - Twin Peaks
Sheriff Harry S. Truman - Twin Peaks
Willow Rosenberg - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Xander Harris - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel - Angel
Wesley Wyndam-Pryce - Angel
Jack Bauer - 24
Eric Cartman - South Park
George Costanza - Seinfeld
Tony Soprano - The Sopranos
Nate Fisher - Six Feet Under
Dr. Zoidberg - Futurama
Stewie - Family Guy
Lindsay Weir - Freaks and Geeks
ADA Jack McCoy - Law and Order
Detective Lenny Briscoe - Law and Order
Lex Luthor - Smallville

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks