Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Jerry Orbach Passes Away at 69

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 of 26 OFFLINE   Ray H

Ray H

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted December 29 2004 - 12:31 PM

I wasn't aware that he had cancer so this comes as a scock to me. I have to admit that I haven't watched Law and Order but from his film roles (and voices), I always thought he was very cool.
"Here's looking at you, kid."

#22 of 26 OFFLINE   James_Kiang

• 1,171 posts

Posted December 29 2004 - 04:37 PM

I mostly knew Jerry Orbach from following Law & Order, though I did notice him in Dirty Dancing and Beauty & The Beast. He seemed to be a true class act. Since they will obviously have to write him out of the 4th L&O series, I hope they make some sort of mention and tribute to Briscoe in the regular L&O.

#23 of 26 OFFLINE   David_Blackwell

• 1,435 posts

Posted December 29 2004 - 06:16 PM

I'll miss him. I liked him as an actor and the characters he played.
ENTERLINE MEDIA (entertainment articles and DVD/Movie/TV show reviews)

#24 of 26 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,594 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted December 29 2004 - 07:02 PM

Who's going to put Baby in a corner now?

#25 of 26 OFFLINE   Michael Harris

Michael Harris

• 1,344 posts

Posted December 29 2004 - 10:08 PM

Here is some info on Orbach's involvement with "Trial by Jury". Looks like we will see one last hurrah. From today's Washington Post TV Column: "While Jerry is irreplaceable, 'Law & Order: Trial by Jury' is an ensemble and will continue in production," the producers said in a statement. "A new cast member will join the company, announcements will be forthcoming." "Trial by Jury" focuses, as its name suggests, on the courtroom. Briscoe, retired as an active street cop, is working as an investigator for an assistant district attorney, played by Bebe Neuwirth. Orbach appears in three of the six episodes shot so far, an NBC rep told The TV Column." "The network ordered 13 episodes of "Trial by Jury" for this season but has not announced a start date or a time slot. " Since the show is still shooting, maybe they can give Lennie a proper send off.

#26 of 26 OFFLINE   Matt Butler

Matt Butler

• 1,921 posts

Posted December 30 2004 - 05:54 AM

Class act indeed.
My Blu Rays
http://www.blu-ray.c...ol...=Dj Matt B

Favorite films of all time in no order
1. Zodiac 2. Dawn of the Dead (1978) 3. The Good The Bad and The Ugly 4. Blade Runner 5. The Warriors 6. Dark Knight 7. The Godfather  8. Bullitt 9. Experiment in Terror 10. Raiders of the Lost...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users