What's new

Thursday has some good tv going on. (1 Viewer)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Survivor, The Apprentice, Life As We Know It, The OC.... what's a person to do?

I am starting to get bored with The Apprentice and Survivor, but we sort of watch those as a family and so I continue to watch just to hang with them. I have been taping Life As We Know It ( yes even though I said I wasn't going to watch, a friend convinced me to tune in and I was pleasantly surprised). Now I hear The OC is back on ( I think I missed the first episode of the season) and I am curious about watching that again.

All these shows seem to be on or around the same time. I only have two tvs so what should I tape? We watch Survivor and Apprentice on the big tv in the living room and I usually tape LAWKI in my bedroom during apprentice...when does the OC come on? Is ot on during survivor or apprentice?

Don Black

Screenwriter
ReplayTV: The OC, North Shore, ER
TiVo: Joey, Will & Grace, CSI, Without A Trace

I never bothered to watch Life As We Know It. I even deleted the one I taped because the show will be cancelled soon. Busy night though!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The O.C. is on at 8 EST.

Thursday is my favorite night for TV. The combo of Survivor and Apprentice keeps me glued to the set.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Thursday's got NOTHING on Tuesday: Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, The Amazing Race, Law & Order: SVU, with The Rebel Billionaire having guilty pleasure potential and House looking spiffy.

Thursday, I'm good with Without A Trace, Green Screen, and North Shore (though I won't particularly miss the latter two when they're gone).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Don't forget Rachel Ray's "Thanksgiving in 60" on the Food Network, 9 p.m. :D

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Maybe its because I don't watch a lot of network primetime TV, but Thursday doesn't do a lot for me.

Joey

That's it. The only other night I bother to watch the networks is sunday for the Simpsons and King of the Hill.

Other than that, its the WWE, Football, and cable news programs.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Hasn't Thursday been the biggest night in TV AND belonged to NBC for a decade or two now? Cheers, Seinfeld, Friends...

--
H

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I record 8 hours of TV on Thursday nights alone:

Joey
Will & Grace
The Apprentice
ER

Survivor
CSI
Without A Trace

The O.C.
North Shore

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
It's all about The O.C, CSI and Long Way Round for me right now.

Of course, my roommate is TiVoing Joey and the Apprentice, so it's definately a big night for me too.

Brian Ralph

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm, I watch CSI and ER and that's it. Joey was removed from my itinerary a few weeks ago, 'life as we know it' got only one episode and I don't watch "reality" TV. I actually use Thursday to catch up on other stuff on Tivo.

Tuesday is the night for me (Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, Scrubs, etc...). Having watched a quality comedy like Arrested Development made it impossible to watch Joey or Will & Grace. Both shows are beyond lame. I watched the final 2 seasons of Friends out of loyalty to the characters but it left a bad taste. Joey's pilot only reaffirmed that. I get more laughs from an episode of Gilmore Girls than I do Joey or Will & Grace.

Only Lost and Arrested Development make me plop my butt down without moving. The others all get slapped on the PVR.

MattGentry

Second Unit
Well, considering that every on Thursday night is pretty much crap, I don't have that problem.

I watch Joey if I'm downstairs talking with my parents. And, I'll watch ER simply because I've been watching for the entire series, and why stop now?

The rest is garbage, so I'm good...

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Thursdays is pretty much the only night I watch more than one show on TV

Joey
Will & Grace
The Apprentice
The OC
North Shore
Survivor
NBA Basketball
College Basketball

Thanks to the Internet I can make do with only two recording devices too... :)

/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks