-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New user looking for speakers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Kenny A

Kenny A

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted October 18 2004 - 10:33 PM

I have $500 to $600 to spend on a surround sound speakers. I have the yamaha RX-V650 receiver and just ordered the JBL E250P subwoofer. I currently have the bose acoustimass 7 thats about 6 years old. I am looking for bookshelf type speakers or something small for the front. No towers. I used to think bose was the best but I am hearing now that there are better systems out now for less money. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, Kenny

#2 of 3 Hank VT

Hank VT

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted October 18 2004 - 11:56 PM

Athena Micra 6 is well-reviewed.

#3 of 3 SeanV

SeanV

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted October 19 2004 - 06:39 AM

Kenny,
When you say "surround speakers" how many speakers are you looking to get. Do you want 5.1, 6.1, or 7.1 and do you need all the speakers or just the surrounds? You'll find that many people dislike Bose for their cost to value ratio, meaning for the same price you could find something a lot better performance wise.

Sean
"A good friend will bail you out of jail.....A true friend will be sitting next to you saying "Damn..we *$%#@ up"