Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Apprentice Season 2 thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
491 replies to this topic

#1 of 492 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,617 posts

Posted September 09 2004 - 03:53 AM

Okay, tonight it's a 90 minute season premiere (8:30 p.m. EDT on NBC) for the 2nd season of "The Apprentice". It features 9 men and 9 women vying for that coveted Apprentice spot next to the Donald.

http://www.nbc.com/n...e_Apprentice_2/

And George and Caroline are back as well!
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 492 Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted September 09 2004 - 04:05 AM

Looks like they will repeat the premiere on Sat. Night this week with extra footage since it's scheduled to air from 8-10PM.

#3 of 492 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,617 posts

Posted September 09 2004 - 01:48 PM

So far, pretty entertaining, though Bradford is a boob.

I do like Jennifer C from the onset.

#4 of 492 James Gumbart

James Gumbart

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted September 09 2004 - 02:12 PM

I do like Jennifer C from the onset.

My friend and I predicted her to win earlier this week. Posted Image

#5 of 492 Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter

• 1,346 posts

Posted September 09 2004 - 04:37 PM

Raj, the guy who seems to think he's in an F. Scott Fitzgerald novel, should be worth a few laughs. Or maybe he could go on to be Puffy's manservant if that other guy steps down.
Read my reviews at www.dvdmon.com
My blog: Reel Times: Reflections on Cinema

#6 of 492 Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh

Screenwriter

• 2,968 posts

Posted September 09 2004 - 06:50 PM

I laughed the hardest when Raj was complaining about the name and how it wasn't manly enough. This coming from a guy in flaming red pants and a bowtie. Posted Image

Season looks to be a good one. Can't wait to see that woman (lapsed on her name) that led the guys get those overly played out words.

Guess I have to tivo saturday's showing to get that extra 20 minutes in the boardroom.

And what was the deal with that lady with the magic eightball that started to flipout?

Am I the only one that thinks Trumps apartment is the gaudiest thing out there?

#7 of 492 Stephen Heath

Stephen Heath

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted September 09 2004 - 11:34 PM

To me, even funnier than his rant about the name (which, IMO, I agree with, what kind of name is mosaic?) was him showing up to work with the cane. Does he want to be an apprentice or a pimp? Posted Image

"Hey Donald, I got just the girl for you" Posted Image

#8 of 492 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,617 posts

Posted September 10 2004 - 12:08 AM

Staci (Crazy 8-Baller) got paranoid in a very short amount of time.

#9 of 492 shaniceMW

shaniceMW

Stunt Coordinator

• 205 posts

Posted September 10 2004 - 12:23 AM

she wasnt paranoid. she is just crazy. dang. why do we have to have another crazy b*tch. why cant we have a condi rice... well, not her. dang. you know what i mean. she crazy AND she a b*tch.

#10 of 492 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,617 posts

Posted September 10 2004 - 01:18 AM

When you think others are out to get you, or to freeze you out of the loop, that's paranoia. But that's not to say you can't be both paranoid AND right.

#11 of 492 Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

• 1,887 posts

Posted September 10 2004 - 04:09 AM

Very solid opening. I liked the move to bigger projects working with big name companies rather than selling lemonade. Staci is a basket case.
If I were Trump, the decision would have been easy. I would have asked who came up with that incredibly stupid idea (Crustacean Nation ???), looked at them and said "You're Fired". Neither project was new and innovative, but the CN seemed like a cheap rip-off of other products.

The big mistake Mosaic made was not consulting with Mattel on the idea. Apex did that and changed ideas midstream, and got some good advice from people that know. Which is a good thing since Bradford's idea sucked worse than Crustacean Nation. Like The Donald said, they were too quick to make a decision.

Chris

#12 of 492 Mike Slade

Mike Slade

Second Unit

• 308 posts

Posted September 10 2004 - 04:34 AM

Seriously, when that guy said Crustacean Nation and showed his lame drawing, I thought for sure everyone would tell him it was stupid. But they jumped right on board. Worst idea ever.

#13 of 492 Thi Them

Thi Them

Producer

• 3,650 posts

Posted September 10 2004 - 04:42 AM

Raj should be on Last Comic Standing. I loved it when he suggested the British ships as names.

Stacy is crazy.

Maria belongs on Star Trek.

I can't believe how bad the toy ideas were.

Didn't the contestants have introductions last year?

~T

#14 of 492 Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,389 posts

Posted September 10 2004 - 05:20 AM

What is it about Mark Burnett casting crazy black people to be on his shows? Between Survivor and just 2 seasons of The Apprentice, there's been about a dozen black people (mostly women) who appear to be mentally imbalanced.

I'm not calling Burnett out as a racist, but it really makes me scratch my head.

#15 of 492 Jassen M. West

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor

• 528 posts

Posted September 10 2004 - 06:18 AM

For those that think the toy ideas were bad, think of a totally new toy draw up plans, and make a working prototype by tomorrow for a focus group to play with/destroy.

The Crustacean Nation idea was poor though.

#16 of 492 Ken Chui

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

• 976 posts

Posted September 10 2004 - 06:45 AM

Finding a successor to Omarosa is a tall order for any casting director. Trump did mention that he had a role in the selection process (though the extent of his involvement wasn't fully disclosed); I don't think it would be fair to completely fault Mark Burnett for the inclusion of Stacie J.

There are times when the 'true' personality of an individual isn't revealed until he/she is in front of a camera, and there are other instances in which one's persona changes for the purpose of catering to the audience. Whatever the reason was for Stacie's dysfunctional behaviour, I found it off-putting (and not in a devious yet compelling manner as Omarosa's shenanigans).

#17 of 492 shaniceMW

shaniceMW

Stunt Coordinator

• 205 posts

Posted September 10 2004 - 06:45 AM

hanson, i have a problem as well with black women being used as comic relief. that's about all i will say about that though.

#18 of 492 Andrew Pezzo

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit

• 481 posts

Posted September 10 2004 - 07:01 AM

Even though I agree with who got fired that lady that was leading the mens team should be very worried. How in the hell can you go into to Mattel facing the execs, trying to pitch a product and make fun of the test group kids haircuts. I would have fired her right on the spot. Even the Mattel execs seemed uneasy about this.

#19 of 492 Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz

Screenwriter

• 2,494 posts

Posted September 10 2004 - 07:04 AM

I was cracking up when Trump said to Raj: "what's the cane for??? You're a young guy! You have a good pair of legs!"...and Raj just picked the cane up looking surprised, LOL.
Andres

#20 of 492 Ken Chui

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

• 976 posts

Posted September 10 2004 - 07:25 AM

quote:

hanson, i have a problem as well with black women being used as comic relief. that's about all i will say about that though.

Does one's race, ethnicity or gender matter if one responds in a surprisingly unpredictable manner? Were Stacie and Raj brought into the cast strictly for Donald and the audience's amusement, or did they (Donald and the show's producer) think that each and every individual had a legitimate shot at becoming one of Donald's henchmen? Would Trump and/or Burnett deliberately waste one, perhaps two spots in the lineup for the purpose of prolonging audience interest? It's possible (as important as the prize is, there's still an entertainment criteria that needs to be met). With the possibility of Stacie being ousted as soon as next week's program, I think it would be a poor strategic move to employ someone of Stacie's mindset for a few cheap laughs over the course of a couple of weeks, when the show's expected to run a few months.