Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

My custom made Audio Rack

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 kristopher p

kristopher p

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted May 30 2004 - 09:09 PM

Over the past few months I've been working on bulding a custom audio rack and I now have pictures to show how it looks. The pics of the audio rack are where it is right now, just about finished, it just needs to be sanded once more and given one coat of gloss black paint. The paint on the inside is gloss black and the current outside paint job is matte black which will be painted gloss black within days. There is a little mark on the front of the top of the audio rack that needs to be sanded and painted but thats about the only thing wrong with it right now. The top of the audio rack is also removable for storage as you can see in the pictures. Tell me what you think.

Kris

http://community.web...146714279pAGxrS

#2 of 4 GuyS

GuyS

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted May 30 2004 - 11:25 PM

I'm thinking about building my own A/V rack later this year. What material did you use? It looks like MDF. If it is, you got yourself a really nice looking rack for a small investment.

#3 of 4 Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst

Screenwriter

• 2,589 posts

Posted May 31 2004 - 01:55 AM

Kris,

That's a very nice looking audio rack. Be sure to post some more pictures once you've gotten your gear all settled in place. However, it does look quite fine as it isn.
"My reality check ... just bounced"

#4 of 4 kristopher p

kristopher p

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted June 01 2004 - 04:28 PM

GuyS: Yes it is MDF. 5/8s MDF to be specific held together by like eighty 2" screws and almost the same amount of biscuit joints.

Kris