Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Digital Camcorder help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit

• 423 posts

Posted May 26 2004 - 11:37 AM

Im looking to buy a Sammy MiniDV camcorder. MY question is will it recourd to tape or memory card. If to tape how is it digital? I think the mem card slot is for still pictures . Here is a link to it.
http://www.samsungus......=SC-D103/XAA

Im going to Cellebration 3 in Indy next spring And I want something in this price range that is better then my old VHS-C .I am going to take what I recourd and transfer it to my PC and then to DVD+R. Thanks

MY DVD'S

May the Force be with you

#2 of 3 ChrisAG

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor

• 503 posts

Posted May 26 2004 - 02:18 PM

It's a MiniDV camcorder so it will record to MiniDv tape. Photos can go on the memory stick or tape.

I'm not sure what you mean by "how is it digital?"

It's zeros and ones as opposed to analogue waveform.

#3 of 3 Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,345 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted May 27 2004 - 02:26 AM

Just because something is a magnetic tape format does not mean it's analog. MiniDV, Digital8 and DVHS are all digital tape-based formats. As ChrisAG stated, everything is recorded in 0's and 1's, just like on those shiny discs (CD and DVD). Magnetic tape has been used to record digital data in the computer world for many decades.