What's new

24 - series 3 - opinions please (1 Viewer)

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the first 2 seasons blind, and loved both. I haven't seen any of season 3 but wondered what the view of the forum is on it -

more of the same but wearing thin (especially Jack's daughter!)?
better stuff out there just now?

or, best yet and not to be missed?

Some help would really be appreciated here, as there is more out there than I can afford:frowning:

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It sags in the middle, but if you look at the season as three ~8-episode "acts", then the first act was pretty good, and the third act is currently kicking ass. The second doesn't do the best job in tying them together, but overall the quality is still pretty high.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
24 right now (with like 3 episodes left) is kicking ass as always. Michelle absolutely rules.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Kim has more of a stable role in this current season. That is to say, she's not being kidnapped repeatedly in the same day, or running into mountain lions. She did see about an hours worth of action in a recent episode

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Well, I started watching this season, but gave up about four episodes in (around the bit in the mall). Basically, the premise is wearing thin, and they were stretching things out way too much even this early on. Add to this the fact that kim is still as annoying as ever, and you've got what was once a great show turning into a parody of itself.

Season 1 was fantastic, season 2 was OK, but 3 is really pushing it. It was a great idea, but it's run its course.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I personally am still enjoying it very much. As Jason said... it did slow a bit in the middle of the season... but it really pulled itself out of that slump... I will defiitely add it to my collection.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
I agree with most of the above posters. Season 3 starts out ok, drags horribly for the middle 8 episodes(despite the return of a few characters from previous seasons), but picks up considerably at the 2/3 mark and hasn't let up since. My only concern with 4 episodes to go is how they're gonna wrap up everything in a satisfactory manner.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
As someone who's only just seen the first few episodes, here's my question. It started at midnight, with Jack presumably up for the past 18 hours. Now after 3 seasons, that would be another 72 hours. Does he ever sleep? Cause if not, then sleep-deprivation induced hallucinations would start kicking in pretty soon.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
George,
Its not 3 consecutive days... not sure how long passed between season 1 and 2 but I know season 3 is something like a couple years later. I forget the time frame exactly... but you get the idea.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Oh. Thanks. I had no idea. I figured it was just a continuation of the next 24 hours. As I said, I've only seen the first 7 episodes so far.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Season three started pretty decent, then for a few episodes got really cool, then got into a terrible slump. But then, right around after the 15th episode mark or so(maybe earlier, basically once Mexico was outta the way) the show took off like a bat outta hell, and honestly, these last seven or so episodes have been some of the best the show has seen yet.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Season One was the best, then the show slid into mediocrity for season two and on into the beginning of season three. Then half way into Season Three, it became nearly as great as Season One.

Let's go to the chart (higher elevation equals higher quality):

SEASON1 SEASON2 SEASON3
_______
....................__
.................../
........._________/

ChipR

Auditioning
I have to add my two cents.

I really didn't think there was a "slump" in the middle of season three. In fact, in a lot of ways I think this is the best season of the three, although I loved the first two seasons as well.

I just think this is about the best TV show ever and feel it has not run its course.

If you enjoyed seasons 1 and 2, do not hesitate on season 3.

ChipR

P.S. Was it just me, or was Kim better looking as a brunette than as a blond?

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I'm in agreement that Season 3 has been pretty impressive the last few weeks. It did threaten to lose its way in the middle there for a while (although I don't think it ever actually did), but it's definitely back on track now.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Since this was in the TV Shows Software Section - any word on when Season 3 DVD Set will come out? Hopefully September like the last 2 seasons, (or even earlier would be nice).

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I would say it's likely. Season 4 has been picked up and Fox likes to use the DVD release to boost the new season.

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator
I have to say I think the show has "jumped the shark". I watch the show but I've stopped caring about the character. Would you ever trust anyone in this group to guard your dog, let alone national security?

Without giving any spoilers, the CTU gets infiltrated and compromised more than a virgin on prom night.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
In my opinion 24 has gotten better with each season. I really don't think this season has dragged at all. I do feel there were parts of both the first and second seasons that dragged on for far too long but I just haven't had that impression this time around. I will definitely pick up the third season on DVD when it is released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks