Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Speaker Mounts

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Matt*L

Matt*L

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted March 06 2004 - 01:23 PM

Could someone tell me what the options are for mounting the surround speakers to the wall? Do you have to drill holes in the back of the speaker? Also - I would like to get ones that swivel (if they make them) - where would I pick something like that up?

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Mitch G

Mitch G

Agent

• 48 posts

Posted March 06 2004 - 04:15 PM

Although your choices depend to some extent on the size of the speakers you have, it sounds like you want bt-77 or something like that. (See pinpoint-mktg dot com.) They don't require screwing into the speaker (in most cases) and they swivel. Mitch

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Doug MacGregor

Doug MacGregor

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted March 07 2004 - 12:26 AM

Hi Matt. You could also use the BT34's if your Surrounds have a keyhole mount on the back.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor

• 889 posts

Posted March 07 2004 - 01:19 AM

Do a Google search for Omnimount, they make mutliple configurations of swivel-type mounts.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Dave Schofield

Dave Schofield

Second Unit

• 403 posts

Posted March 07 2004 - 02:16 AM

To second Mitch's suggestion, I purchased the BT-77s a few years back. I would highly recommend them.

BT-77 from Crutchfield.com

I use them with Paradigm Mini-Monitors, which I would consider to be a rather large surround speaker and I haven't had any problems or concerns.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Dustin Harrison

Dustin Harrison

Stunt Coordinator

• 96 posts

Posted March 07 2004 - 07:30 PM

A quick inexpensive solution would be to pick some up at your local Home Depot for $20

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users