Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HTIB or intergrate into my Stereo Setup?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Vince

Vince

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 01:36 PM

Hi, first time poster and Home Theater Rookie, so please bear with me. I would like to purchase a surround sound system to add to my current set up. And I want to do it cheap! What I have: Audio: NAD C372 Integrated Amp NAD C542 CD Player Vienna Acoustics Bach Speakers Video: 27" Toshiba flat tube (lousy TV, but no upgrade in near future) Digitial Cable Box/DVR I need a DVD player and I am wondering if I should go with a simple HTIB and keep it separate from my stereo system, or if I can (or even should) integrate with the Bachs. If I do go with a HTIB, will I be able to route my cable through it so I can get surround when it is broadcast over cable? Your suggestions/observations are much appreciated.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Vince

Vince

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 01:39 PM

and my apologies, didn't realize that "Vince" was already taken!

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Andrew O'Brien

Andrew O'Brien

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 05:41 PM

I wondered the same thing when looking to get started. I had a pair of fairly decent Infinity Reference 3's for my stereo system. The cheaper HTIB systems sounded fairly good to me when I listened to them in stores. Hoever I stuck with my Infinity speakers, added the Dayton 10 inch sub-woofer for $128, a center speaker, and two 26 year old EPI bookshelve speakers that I 'retired" when I bought the Inifity speakers, I use these for the surround/rear. The sound is WAY better than the HTIB systems I have heard.
Andy.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Vince

Vince

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted January 23 2004 - 01:36 AM

What are you using as your receiver?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users