What's new

HTIB or intergrate into my Stereo Setup? (2 Viewers)

Vince

Auditioning
Hi, first time poster and Home Theater Rookie, so please bear with me.

I would like to purchase a surround sound system to add to my current set up. And I want to do it cheap!

What I have:

Audio:

NAD C372 Integrated Amp
NAD C542 CD Player
Vienna Acoustics Bach Speakers

Video:

27" Toshiba flat tube (lousy TV, but no upgrade in near future)
Digitial Cable Box/DVR

I need a DVD player and I am wondering if I should go with a simple HTIB and keep it separate from my stereo system, or if I can (or even should) integrate with the Bachs.

If I do go with a HTIB, will I be able to route my cable through it so I can get surround when it is broadcast over cable?

Your suggestions/observations are much appreciated.

Andrew O'Brien

Stunt Coordinator
I wondered the same thing when looking to get started. I had a pair of fairly decent Infinity Reference 3's for my stereo system. The cheaper HTIB systems sounded fairly good to me when I listened to them in stores. Hoever I stuck with my Infinity speakers, added the Dayton 10 inch sub-woofer for $128, a center speaker, and two 26 year old EPI bookshelve speakers that I 'retired" when I bought the Inifity speakers, I use these for the surround/rear. The sound is WAY better than the HTIB systems I have heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks