What's new

Rocky Horror differences? (1 Viewer)

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought Rocky Horror (Best Buy-$15!) 'Now I haven't seen this movie in a long time, but in a quick viewing, I saw no difference between the UK and US versions. Am I missing something obvious, or are the changes so minor one must study the film to catch them?
Very happy with the overall quality though.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The final musical number after the house takes off "Superheroes" was excised in the US theatrical cut for a reason no one has yet figured out.
Jeff Kleist

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
"Superheroes," one of the last songs in the film, is present only in the UK version.

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, when I first posted, I was an hour or so into the UK version. This last number is new to me. Are there really no other differences? Seems to me they could have said the only difference was in the last 5 minutes. I kept looking for little things throughout the film.
Still real happy with the quality of the set and at the new price would recommend everyone go out and get one this week.
Thanks for the replies.

Joel C

Screenwriter
There's a third version on the disc as well, hidden as an Easter Egg, where everything is in black and white until they reach the mansion (a la Wizard of Oz).
That was supposedly the original intent. I can't remember how to access this version, but I'm sure instructions are at dvdreview.com.
------------------
Joel
[email protected]
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."
digitallyOBSESSED

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Superheroes is a great number, and never should have been cut in the first place.
They're not going to tell you that the difference is only about a minute, it would reduce the effectiveness of it for marketing purposes.
Big-time Rocky fans (the target audience) already knew it, so it wasn't a big deal
Jeff Kleist

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
IS the $15 version at Best Buy the same 2-disc 25th anniversary edition I've seen?
And by British version, do you mean a Region 2 DVD?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No, it's not R2. Rocky Horror had an entire musical number excised for the US theatrical cut for no reason. This original cut is restored on the DVD via seamless branching
Yes, it's the same 25th anniversary disc

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
A few days/weeks ago, FOX lowered the SRP of the set from $29.99 to $22.99 (a big price drop for a 2-disc SE).
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks