What's new

Petition to get WARNER BROS. cartoons restored for theatrical and DVD release! (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I tried signing your petition but it ends up at a search page. Using the search page yields no petition.
------------------

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Warners has been widely reported to be working on restoring those prints. They know they have a mint on their hands to sell this stuff on DVD. I won't go see it in a theatre, so I am content to sit back and wait. They need time to restore it properly, and that is what the delay is. Cheers,
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

[Edited last by David Lambert on September 06, 2001 at 05:49 AM]

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Restore it as best they can, and they know they're gonna make a fortune. I will be in line for each and every disc.
------------------
Kyle³
------------------
Yahoo Messenger - digitalkyle

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
A thousand times yes! Given Warner's penchant for "themed" releases, I hope that among the first will be an opera disc with "Rabbit of Seville" and all the other great opera toons.
------------------
"It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen"
S&S Challenge: 72 ...25
DVD BEAVER

My DVD Collection

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
I sure hopw WB doesn't fall victim to that censorship disease that has been plaguing Disney. These toons are geat, but some of them are also a product of thier time. People are smart enough to understand this. I really hope we get beautifully remastered toons in their unedited format.
------------------
Geoff
Now with Kung-Fu grip and realistic facial hair!
lotrsig.jpg

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Please stop it with the petitions. It seems like everything is being petitioned. The more petitions you have, the less they work! So I urge you to take down your petiton, If you want to let Warner know what you want, wait until the chat, and ask them there.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
--I won't go see it in a theatre--
If these shorts were restored properly and fronting movies that I would normally see, then I would go to a theatre to see them. It would sure beat loking at the crap I have to now....like the stupid ads that front almost every film. Hell....if they had enough them fronting even a bad film, I might go see them because it would be worth ten bucks to see them the way they were supposed to be presented. I know if they had a Looney Tunes marathon in a theatre I definitely would be there.
------------------

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
This is a "friendly" petition. It's just for showing that there's people out there that want to see these classics restored instead of digitally "cleaned".
Sure, NxNW looks nearly perfect on DVD, but the fact that the film isn't truly restored makes it worse.
Look at the diagram showing Ben-Hur's "wonderful" transfer compared to the original 70mm image on www.widescreenmuseum.com (2nd high-res images gallery)
Same aspect ratio, less picture on DVD.
It's nice that a film is on DVD with superb quality, but I'd rather see a film be physically restored like Vertigo or Lawrence of Arabia than see a temporary DVD master.
What happens if the prints get in too bad of shape and the negatives are dust? You got a lost film there.
------------------
P.S.: There's no P.S.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
Heres a Question: if WB started putting restored cartoons infront of their movies, would it affect you likelyhood of going to the movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks