Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Thank you to all

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Brooks

Brooks

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted October 30 2003 - 05:00 AM

Posting this hear though I've gotten help from many of the topic areas. I started as a complete Newbie at the beginning of this year. All I knew was I was gonna renovate my basement and wanted a kinda nice tv with a few speakers. Because of the assistance of all on this forum and the other topic areas I didn't buy Bose, didn't buy an HT in the box, researched and learned. My HT is done done done. Pictures in a day or so. Sharp XV-Z7000U FP Da-Lite manual pull down screen Denon AVR-1803 Front and side surrounds - in Wall from BIC America Center and Sub - In Wall from CSI_Speco Rearh surround - In Wall from Speakercraft Unimaginably great. If you are still thinking - go for it. It's worth it. I know my stuff isn't "audiophile" by any means but for me, my tastes, my budget it is fabulous. Oh yeah, and when you run in-Wall speaker wire to your equipment closet - make the home runs much longer than you think you should. - Had to add a little extra to one of the surrounds - DOH! Thanks all

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted October 30 2003 - 08:28 AM

[quote] My HT is done done done. [quote]
Muwahahahahah <---- Evil laugh. You can't escape that easily.

Wow! You went from shopping for a "kinda nice TV" to getting a FPTV! Congratulations on taking the leap.

Who wants to get a pool going on when Brooks starts asking about getting a Pronto to dim the lights? Posted Image

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Brooks

Brooks

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted October 31 2003 - 06:02 AM

Re: Pronto Well, since you asked, the lights are on a circuit controlled by a Lutron Spacer system dimmer which is IR remote ready. I have the Lutron remote and a learning remote with JP1 interface so that I can build the exact code image I need to program my daily use remote - I went with an MX-500. Plenty for me. I'm just about done with a macro which in 1 button push - turns the receiver on, if necessary sets the receiver to DVD input at my usual preferred volume Turns on the DVD player and starts, but pauses the disc in the tray Turns on the FP (disc pauses to wait for the FP to warm up) and selects the correct input then dims the lights. heh heh heh this is really cool stuff.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted October 31 2003 - 08:02 AM

[quote] I'm just about done with a macro which in 1 button push -
turns the receiver on, if necessary
sets the receiver to DVD input at my usual preferred volume
Turns on the DVD player and starts, but pauses the disc in the tray
Turns on the FP (disc pauses to wait for the FP to warm up) and selects the correct input
then dims the lights.
[quote]
DOH! Well.. then.. uh... who wants to get a pool going on when Brooks will ask about Bass Shakers? Posted Image

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   JayPo

JayPo

Stunt Coordinator

• 79 posts

Posted October 31 2003 - 08:26 AM

Wow, nice job Brooks. I'm just finishing up my basement remodel / home theater too. Can't wait to see the pictures. My question is on the MX-500 and Spacer system. I just got the system installed with 4 dimmers on one side of the room and the 5 scene master control on the front ... works great! My movie watching scene has the main lights going out with the rope lights and sconces dimming. Problem is, I have to do it manually. Have you been able to initiate a scene with your MX-500? I can't find any .mx codes to drop into it that will hit a scene or control the lights. Thanks for any info that you might have and congrats on the finish of your basement.
JayPo
-------
SONY STR-DA4ES, DVP-NC655P, SCD-CE775; Harman Kardon PA4000; DISH 811; Toshiba 57H83; Paradigm CC-370, Mini-Monitor(s), AMS-100R(s), Atom(s); SVS 20-39PCi; Logitech Harmony 880

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   DavidVT

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator

• 182 posts

Posted October 31 2003 - 08:33 AM

very nice!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users