What's new

Thank you to all (1 Viewer)

Brooks

Grip
Posting this hear though I've gotten help from many of the topic areas.
I started as a complete Newbie at the beginning of this year. All I knew was I was gonna renovate my basement and wanted a kinda nice tv with a few speakers.
Because of the assistance of all on this forum and the other topic areas I didn't buy Bose, didn't buy an HT in the box, researched and learned.
My HT is done done done. Pictures in a day or so.
Sharp XV-Z7000U FP
Da-Lite manual pull down screen
Denon AVR-1803
Front and side surrounds - in Wall from BIC America
Center and Sub - In Wall from CSI_Speco
Rearh surround - In Wall from Speakercraft
Unimaginably great.
If you are still thinking - go for it. It's worth it.
I know my stuff isn't "audiophile" by any means but for me, my tastes, my budget it is fabulous.

Oh yeah, and when you run in-Wall speaker wire to your equipment closet - make the home runs much longer than you think you should. - Had to add a little extra to one of the surrounds - DOH!
Thanks all

Brooks

Grip
Re: Pronto
Well, since you asked, the lights are on a circuit controlled by a Lutron Spacer system dimmer which is IR remote ready.
I have the Lutron remote and a learning remote with JP1 interface so that I can build the exact code image I need to program my daily use remote - I went with an MX-500. Plenty for me.
I'm just about done with a macro which in 1 button push -
turns the receiver on, if necessary
sets the receiver to DVD input at my usual preferred volume
Turns on the DVD player and starts, but pauses the disc in the tray
Turns on the FP (disc pauses to wait for the FP to warm up) and selects the correct input
then dims the lights.
heh heh heh this is really cool stuff.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I'm just about done with a macro which in 1 button push -
turns the receiver on, if necessary
sets the receiver to DVD input at my usual preferred volume
Turns on the DVD player and starts, but pauses the disc in the tray
Turns on the FP (disc pauses to wait for the FP to warm up) and selects the correct input
then dims the lights.
DOH! Well.. then.. uh... who wants to get a pool going on when Brooks will ask about Bass Shakers? ;)

JayPo

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, nice job Brooks. I'm just finishing up my basement remodel / home theater too. Can't wait to see the pictures.

My question is on the MX-500 and Spacer system. I just got the system installed with 4 dimmers on one side of the room and the 5 scene master control on the front ... works great! My movie watching scene has the main lights going out with the rope lights and sconces dimming. Problem is, I have to do it manually. Have you been able to initiate a scene with your MX-500? I can't find any .mx codes to drop into it that will hit a scene or control the lights.

Thanks for any info that you might have and congrats on the finish of your basement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks