What's new

My Best Friend's Wedding: SE (1 Viewer)

Kelly W

Second Unit
I thought that the special edition of My Best Friend's Wedding was to have been released on 8/28, but I haven't heard anyone mention it. I haven't even seen an online review.
Does anyone have this yet? If so, how is it?
Thanks!!!
-Kelly

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I haven't had a chance to write up my review, but I thought it was a disappointment as an SE. Picture and sound are good, but the extras were bland. We get a few modest featurettes but nothing terribly fascinating. If you like the film and don't already own the old version, it's worth it, but if you have the original DVD, skip the new one...
------------------
Colin Jacobson
DVD Movie Guide
www.dvdmg.com

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Colin, does the disc contain much deleted footage, either as a supplement or in the featurettes? There were extensive reshoots to the end, particularly the ladies room confrontation between Roberts and Diaz (part of the original version survived in the trailer) and the concluding scene at the wedding reception. I would probably buy the disc just to see the original footage, because the testing and editorial process fascinates me. But if the extras are just the usual EPK stuff, I won't bothering replacing the original disc.
M.

Kevin Clemons

Stunt Coordinator
There are no deleted scenes on the new SE, only a handful of promotional and original featureette's. I gave the flick a B+ for extras..though more could have been done.
My Best Friend's Wedding
Kevin

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Isn't getting it in widescreen enough?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

I already have it in widescreen. The question is whether that version is worth replacing with a new one.
M.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Oh, I thought that we were promised this Special Edition to replace the current Pan and Scan, just like the Fly Away Home, and Matilda Special Edition we were supposed to be getting.

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Does the new special edition contain interactive menus and a trailer? Thanks.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
just like the Fly Away Home, and Matilda Special Edition we were supposed to be getting.
I assume you know that there is a special edition of Fly Away Home with a new widescreen anamorphic transfer. Haven't heard anything about Matilda.
M.

Jodee

Screenwriter
To me, a disc just doesn't seem to be that "special" of an edition without a feature-length commentary track.
I mean come on on, is PJ Hogan that busy?

AaronJB

Second Unit
I posted a review a couple of weeks ago. There's a mildly lengthy documentary that viewers may enjoy one viewing of, but that's about all there is of interest. No deleted scenes.
There was to be a commentary with Ron Bass and PJ Hogan, but apparently, conflicting schedules or something like that was reportedly why it never happened.

bill lopez

Second Unit
I just watched the whole dvd and they do show a deleted scene in the Making of part. It's the oringal ending of the movie, it's only a few seconds and the director is talking thru it. It's a nice dvd!

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Is PJ Hogan busy?
well I sure hope so - his next film was shot over a year ago and STILL hasn't come out...
The original announcement of this one had Deleted Scenes and a Commentary announced
though Id rather see a commentary on Muriel's Wedding...

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
I was disappointed, I thought "My Best Friend's Wedding Special Edition" was going to contain a commentary and DTS.
frown.gif

Still, it's a good film. :)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I wasnt sure if I wanted this or not due to the fact I dont watch my old one very often. After hearing the dissapointing reviews I wont get it. Its a great movie though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks