What's new

Kids in the Hall DVD news! (1 Viewer)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Okay, by now I'm sure many of you have heard that Kids in the Hall is coming out on DVD. TVShowsOnDVD.com is working directly with Broadway Video Enterprises on this DVD release. We've just launched the Official Kids in the Hall website (http://www.kidsinthehall.com) which will contain information on the DVD set when it becomes available.

On the site you can also register to be notified when preorders begin, and fill out a short survey which will be used to shape the DVD release.

The site was just launched and we expect to have more content in the coming weeks.

http://www.kidsinthehall.com/kith/register.cfm - the direct link to register. Oh, don't forget to tell your friends. The more feedback we get, the better the DVD set will be.

Gord

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, people are working VERY hard on the release. I talk to Broadway Video almost daily and everyone there is excited about the project. I was in NYC earlier this month and met everyone that will be working on the set. We discussed menus, packaging, bonus materials and other stuff.

This is also a unique opportunity for me, as someone who runs a website, to have a first-hand look at what it takes to put out a DVD release. Believe it or not, but EVERY "special feature" on a set costs money. There are people with their hands out every step of the way. Even if you want to put scripts on the sets, someone has to be paid (the writer's guild in this case).

For those of you wondering where the quote Martin posted came from, it's in the email that people receive when they sign up on the site.

Gord

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Uhhh...Gord, oh master of mine. That quote's also in the first paragraph on the main page of the site! :laugh:

You're tired...go to bed! :wink:

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Well, Made in Canada and The Newsroom are already out. Check TVShowsOnDVD.com for more info.

oops...okay...so the quote is on the main page, but it's also in the email ;)

Gord

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Registered today. I hope that in the future they try this is other DVD sets as well.

"Musta slipped my mind."

BrentPollard

Second Unit
Quote:
Well, Made in Canada and The Newsroom are already out. Check TVShowsOnDVD.com for more info.

Thanks.;)

StephanieC

Stunt Coordinator
Registered, surveyed, this is my favorite sketch show of all time and one of my all-time favorite shows in general. Even my DVD Af list is named after my fave KiTH sketch!

Anyway, thanks for posting this, I can't wait to have these on DVD! :emoji_thumbsup: :D

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
hey...

i'm glad to hear this! did the online petition i created
have any say in the eventual release of this?

david

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
David, everything that the fans have done over the past few years contributed to the release of the set.

Are you planning on contacting the people on your petition to let them know about the site and the release of the DVD set?

Gord

JasonRosenfeld

Stunt Coordinator
DavidS,

Your petition definitely played a role in having the discs released. As well as the fact that Broadway has received thousands of emails from fans who want the show on DVD. When I first started working with Gord a few years ago, your petition was one of the things we found as an indication of the strong interest in the show.

Gord helped me with my project and I tried to reciprocate with this, his pet project. We both think that a product is much less likely to suck if you ask the customers what they want.

We look forward to some comparatively smooth sailing on this one.

God willing.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I hope it sells gangbusters.... this show is just brilliant.

With this and Upright Citizens Brigade on DVD... my life will soon be complete :)

JasonRosenfeld

Stunt Coordinator
Heh.

You know David (Lambert), I do hope that some good came out of all of that premature hair loss and that certain things can be prevented from ever happening again.

BTW, from what I heard, the remainder of the MSCL bonus material is supposed to ship. I'll believe it when I see it.

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
i am so psyched about all of this!

however, i have no idea how to stop the petition!

i'm also using too many exclamation points!

p.s. gord: will these episodes be the full uncut versions? also, will the rarely-seen pre-series special be on the discs?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks