What's new

Kids in the Hall DVD news! (1 Viewer)

JasonRosenfeld

Stunt Coordinator
Hey DavidS,

I actually wrote to you about this almost 18 months ago! Took longer than we thought.

You can't stop the petition, that's one of the bad things about petitionsonline.com but you should be able to access the emails to let those people know that the voting is going on at KidsInTheHall.com.

I can bear any expense involved with the mailing and just invoice it to Broadway. Or, if you prefer to send it, I can give you an account for sending the email.

Tyler DJW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
If anyone learns more about which versions (American or Canadian) are being release please let me know. I am Canadian and always had to laugh at how it was censored on the American networks. It wasn't that offensive without the censoring... who are they trying to protect?

Anyhow, I would just like to know.

JasonRosenfeld

Stunt Coordinator
These are the American HBO versions. The changes are not due to profanity or content. Oddly enough, most differences are changes in town names, i.e. a skit occuring in NY as opposed to Toronto.

It's my understanding that it just isn't possible for Broadway to release the Canadian versions. My guess is that they are doing this because they are afraid that Americans don't know if Canada is up or down on the map. :D

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Larry, if the sketch you're talking about was in season 1 (and you know what it is) then I can tell you what will be on the DVD set. I have all the episodes on VHS to go through.

Gord

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Gord, but I have feeling it was in a later season. I saw the sketch both on the CBC and HBO. It is was one of the two C/Kathy office sketches and Dave played the office manager who decided to change the office to decaf. I'll have to try to find a good KITH webpage that has episode synopsis.

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
that's great about these being the HBO versions! so i only have 2 questions now... (getting annoying, i know)...

1) Will the 1988 hour-long pilot be included?

-and-

2) Will the "best-of" episodes be included?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
The Best of episodes will be included. They were episodes 21 and 22 of the seasons.

They're still working out some stuff with the pilot. Hopefully it will be included.

Gord

Tyler DJW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
Regarding Canadian versus American version, I'm not referring to Comedy Central or HBO. This was back when they were still producing new episodes. I got American networks from Detroit, so it was one of the big 3 at the time (CBS, ABC, NBC).

Specifically I recall the episode where David has a spider on his face a Kevin plays his wife... "It's never a good time to talk". That sort of thing.

Anyways, on the Canadian episode after they make up you see Kevin work his way down the bed under the sheets. About an hour later I saw the same episode on an American network and they just showed a shot of the spider on his face, what Kevin was doign was only implied.

But that was a long time ago... I'm surprised I even remember.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
This is excellent news. I went to http://www.kidsinthehall.com several days ago, registered & took the survey. I am happy that KITH will be coming to DVD but I am very happy that Broadway Video is asking fans for input.

With, KITH & Upright Citizens Brigade coming to DVD, I am in comedy heaven. Now only if Saturday Night Live comes out to DVD in season format, I would be in total comedy heaven.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Eugene, unfortunately I doubt we'll ever see SNL season sets. I asked about them when I was at Broadway Video and they said clearances would be a nightmare. Not only the music, but also the guest stars. Yikes!!

Gord

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
For those of you following the KiTH set...

The Kids are in LA shooting bonus material for the DVD. Unfortunately Scott is working on a movie in Toronto and can't be there. Never fear, he'll still be on the commentary tracks as they are patching him into LA via an ISDN line. Paul Bellini and Scott will be heading to NYC to be interviewed for the set.

more news once I'm given the A-OK to post it.

Gord
P.S. I was watching a sketch last night where Kevin says to Bruce "I'm f*cking your wife" - how's that for being uncensored?

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
I'm a fan of the show, but a new one. I wasn't around when the episodes originally aired, and I've since caught them on Comedy Central. So can somebody answer this: when you say "the HBO episodes", which seasons are those? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks