Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

How I Won the War - release date?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   JiM T

JiM T

Stunt Coordinator

• 213 posts

Posted June 22 2001 - 11:39 PM

I think Clinton was still president when I pre-ordered this one from buy.com. Seems like I've been waiting forever. It had a street date of 04/10/01, but that obviously wasn't to be. For a while, I figured that maybe it was actually out, and buy.com was simply getting sucky. But I checked several other online stores recently, and apparently it's not out yet. They're not even showing a street date! Anyone know what gives? I'm hoping to get this from buy.com before they go extinct... Thanks... JiM T

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   LARUE

LARUE

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted June 23 2001 - 12:15 AM

I'm anxious for this one too. So much so I bought a VHS copy to tide me over (which made me realise DVDs have spoiled me for life). I had a pre-order with someone (Amazon?) and received one of those generic "The item(s) listed below from order # are out of stock with our suppliers blah, blah, blah..." You'd think with the great interest now in all things Beatle they'd get it together. LARUE

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   LARUE

LARUE

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted June 23 2001 - 02:31 PM

JiM T, are we the only two people of taste on this forum? #;^> LARUE

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Mark_TS

Mark_TS

Screenwriter

• 1,701 posts

Posted June 23 2001 - 05:28 PM

...could swear I picked up a copy and examined at TOWER-intending to buy later, came back and was gone...CDNOW list this as released, but backordered... ------------------
The Official HTF 'elitist' lol....
"War is God's way of teaching Americans Geography"-Ambrose Bierce

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   LARUE

LARUE

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted August 23 2001 - 10:10 PM

Now it appears this title has been cancelled (on DVD). Although Amazon has the upcoming release date as 2010! Anyone got more info? LARUE TNT will be airing "How I Won the War" Oct.9th to tie in with a Lennon tribute.

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   JiM T

JiM T

Stunt Coordinator

• 213 posts

Posted August 24 2001 - 12:50 AM

Wish I knew something more about this, but I don't. IIRC, buy.com cancelled my order a while ago, since nothing seemed to be happening.

I also just have to say that it's kinda weird to see one of your old threads resurrected out of the blue at 3:45 AM! Posted Image Too bad it wasn't better news...

JiM T

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Coressel

Coressel

Supporting Actor

• 668 posts

Posted August 24 2001 - 03:07 AM

Darn, I love this movie. I hope it comes to DVD sometime! "Bloody sand! When will it ever end!?"

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   Grant B

Grant B

Producer

• 3,213 posts

Posted August 24 2001 - 06:15 AM

Speaking of all things Beatles, Wonderwall has been released by Rhino. Actualy a pretty good movie (flashback??) No word on the Family Way (McCartney) or the Magic Christian (Ringo) which I managed to find on LD. ------------------ Why? Why do you keep hounding me and harassing me and hounding me? It's not like I don't have anything better to do, you know. It's not like the Phantom Cruiser is going to wax itself. It's not like last night's burrito stain will just up and remove itself from my cape. I am a superhero! A very very busy superhero! Who does...things! Now get out of here before I tell your mother. AND DON'T TRAMPLE MY BEGONIAS! -Space Ghost..
"Whatever it is, I'm against it!" G. Marx

Sony TAE/TAP/TAN(2)9000ES;DVP-CX860 DVP-CX777ES
Sony CDP-CX270 CDP-CX355 CDP-CX270 CDP-CX355
Sony S-TS 700ES XPR32450Pioneer Elite CLD 79 KEFs (5) Q75s & 20B Subwoofer

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner

Screenwriter

• 2,950 posts

Posted October 10 2002 - 09:27 PM

It has been over a year, is there any news on this title? This year we got AHDN, THE KNACK, and ROBIN & MARIAN, next year we'll get 3 & 4 MUSKETEERS. Are there any other Richard Lester pictures that anyone would like to see?

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   Jay E

Jay E

Screenwriter

• 2,485 posts

Posted October 11 2002 - 04:32 AM

[quote]

Are there any other Richard Lester pictures that anyone would like to see?

[quote]

My most wanted Richard Lester film is Petulia followed by The Bed Sitting Room. I saw Petulia many, many years ago so I don't remember much about it ,other than enjoying it, and I've never seen The Bed Sitting Room but I'm dying to see it (post-nuclear films are fun!). I'm not going to say that they'll never wind up on DVD (Hey, Fox released Modesty Blaise), but let's just say I don't expect to see them anytime soon.

I've had How I Won the War on pre-order for over a year now. Very frustrating!

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   LARUE

LARUE

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted April 19 2003 - 08:25 PM

Hey! It's 2003!!! With the success of the Beatles Anthology, does anyone know if HIWTW is any closer to release? LARUE

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   John Hodson

John Hodson

Producer

• 4,495 posts
  • LocationBolton, Lancashire

Posted April 20 2003 - 04:05 AM

[quote]

No word on the Family Way (McCartney) or the Magic Christian (Ringo) which I managed to find on LD.

[quote]

The Family Way is due out in R2 (UK) in a double set with Accident (!?).

Terrible film IMHO, but if you are a Beatles completist it may be time to buy a multi-region player...

---

So many films, so little time...
So many films, so little time...
Film Journal Blog
Lt. Col. Thursday: Beaufort; no preliminary nonsense with him, no ceremonial phrasing. Straight from the shoulder as I tell you, do you hear me? They're recalcitrant swine and they must feel it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users