Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Iron Giant SE released in Korea

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Runar_R

Runar_R

Second Unit

• 259 posts

Posted August 21 2003 - 02:06 AM

In case any of you don't want to wait untill sometime next year to get your hands on a R1-copy, it is now available in Korea. Specs (as listed on koreandvds.com): - Feature-Length Commentary By Director Brad Bird, Head Of Animation Tony Fucile, Story Department Head Jeff Lynch And Steven Markowski, Animation Supervisor For The Giant - 8 Amazing Additional Scenes Including An Alternate Opening And A Giant's Dream Sequence. - 13 Branching Minidocumentary Segments Highlighting Key Sequence From The Viewpoint Of Score, Character Design, Storyboards And Animation - Bird And Creative Consultant Teddy Newton Analyze The Movie's "Annie Meets Kent" And "Duck And Cover" Sequences - "The Voice Of The Giant" Featuring Bard Bird And Vin Diesel - Stills Gallery And More Sequences - Filmographies - Theatrical Trailers
"These are the moments I live for.
I put up with all the other crap just to get seconds like this.
The moments when you know the world is a better place than advertised."
-Planetary, Warren Ellis

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   rutger_s

rutger_s

Supporting Actor

• 878 posts

Posted August 21 2003 - 07:53 PM

It even comes with the Iron Giant!!!

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   James_M

James_M

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted September 06 2003 - 07:24 AM

It's also been released in Hong Kong. Yesasia.com indicates it has a Cantonese and Mandarin track but lacks details on the features. Does anyone know if it still retains all the special features?

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted September 06 2003 - 07:38 AM

More than likely it does

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Matt Naglieri

Matt Naglieri

Second Unit

• 283 posts

Posted September 06 2003 - 01:56 PM

[quote] Does anyone know if it still retains all the special features? [quote]

Yes all the features are identical plus the packing is entirely in english.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Niko Nykanen

Niko Nykanen

Stunt Coordinator

• 205 posts

Posted September 07 2003 - 05:13 PM

I got mine from Korea this past friday and can say that the SE is worth the wait. Not the Best SE out there but really good. It´s a single disc so no disc swapping is required. I fell asleep during the commentary so I can´t really comment on the last hour. There´s a minidocumentary consisting of short featurettes that works just fine, and lots of GOOD deleted scenes. "The Giants Dream" sequence would´ve been NICE to see in the film. As the "Camp Fire" scene, and the "drag race".

And the 3-4 inch figure that you received with the package is guarding me on the tv while i´m sitting on the sofa.

And it´s a snapper.
Posted Image
Lyxdesics of the lowrd untie!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users