Iron Giant SE released in Korea

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Runar_R, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Runar_R

Runar_R Second Unit

In case any of you don't want to wait untill sometime next year to get your hands on a R1-copy, it is now available in Korea.

Specs (as listed on koreandvds.com):

- Feature-Length Commentary By Director Brad Bird, Head Of Animation Tony Fucile, Story Department Head Jeff Lynch And Steven Markowski, Animation Supervisor For The Giant
    - 8 Amazing Additional Scenes Including An Alternate Opening And A Giant's Dream Sequence.
    - 13 Branching Minidocumentary Segments Highlighting Key Sequence From The Viewpoint Of Score, Character Design, Storyboards And Animation
    - Bird And Creative Consultant Teddy Newton Analyze The Movie's "Annie Meets Kent" And "Duck And Cover" Sequences
    - "The Voice Of The Giant" Featuring Bard Bird And Vin Diesel
    - Stills Gallery And More Sequences
    - Filmographies
    - Theatrical Trailers

2. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

It even comes with the Iron Giant!!!

3. James_M

James_M Stunt Coordinator

It's also been released in Hong Kong. Yesasia.com indicates it has a Cantonese and Mandarin track but lacks details on the features. Does anyone know if it still retains all the special features?

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

More than likely it does

5. Matt Naglieri

Matt Naglieri Second Unit

6. Niko Nykanen

Niko Nykanen Stunt Coordinator

I got mine from Korea this past friday and can say that the SE is worth the wait. Not the Best SE out there but really good. It´s a single disc so no disc swapping is required. I fell asleep during the commentary so I can´t really comment on the last hour. There´s a minidocumentary consisting of short featurettes that works just fine, and lots of GOOD deleted scenes. "The Giants Dream" sequence would´ve been NICE to see in the film. As the "Camp Fire" scene, and the "drag race".

And the 3-4 inch figure that you received with the package is guarding me on the tv while i´m sitting on the sofa.

And it´s a snapper.
    [​IMG]