Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Subwoofer Cabling

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Greg Bax

Greg Bax

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted August 11 2003 - 03:02 AM

How should I wire the Subwoofer? I don't want the wire(s) all over the floor. This is what I had in mind. Run the cable from the Receiver's Sub output to a wallplate binding post and from a wallplate binding post located near the Sub to the Sub input. Should I use in-wall grade 12 or 16 AWG speaker wire or some type of coaxial?

I have read through the Beginner FAQ but am still not clear.
I don't know if this question would be better suited for the HT Construction and Interiors or Speakers and Subwoofers but I felt that it was defiantly a beginner's question.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Rick_Brown

Rick_Brown

Second Unit

• 449 posts

Posted August 11 2003 - 03:11 AM

If you are running from the receiver's sub output, this is normally an RCA analog connection, not speaker wire. Any quality cable will do.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Dave Nibeck

Dave Nibeck

Stunt Coordinator

• 155 posts

Posted August 11 2003 - 04:09 AM

How far is the distance between the two? My sub is approx 30' from my receiver. I used RG6 coax with type f to rca adapters which I was able to hide under the carpet between the wall the tackless carpet strips.