What's new

Component cable question (1 Viewer)

ChrisConklin

Stunt Coordinator
For my component hookup from my DVD to 27inch TV i'm using Acoustic Research A/V cables (half the price as oppossed to actual component cables), they are the Performance Series. The video cable is shielded more than the red and white cables. Are these cables doing the job or would i notice any difference if i were to switch to Radio Shack component cables?

chris_everett

Second Unit
How long is the cable? A couple of feet, on a 27" tv, you probably won't notice. (Some would disagree) With a long cable, you should consider changing it. Also, try to keep the cable away from power or speaker cables as much as you can, to reduce any interferance to a minimum. That should minimize the effect of the shielding.

ChrisMcL

Grip
You can use a screwdriver to pound nails, but better to use a hammer. In other words, use the right tool for the job. Get yourself some component cables. A good set will cost you about $40.00 at your local independent A/V shop. Don't cheap out.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Component cables should be 75-ohm. Audio cables (including the red and white cables on you AR set) are typically not. A good component connection requires cables that have the right specs and are identical. I'd get a real set of component cables.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks