-

Photo
- - - - -

No season sets of new Ninja Turtles cartoon

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Derek P

Derek P

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted July 15 2003 - 02:29 PM

This was buried in the Fan Forum news

4Kids Entertainment, Mirage Studios and FUNimation intend to release the entire first season on DVD/VHS between 9/1/03 and 6/30/04. Quote from Mirage C.E.O. Gary Richardson, "We just won't be doing the episodes in exact chronological order all the time, like with the "Meet Casey Jones" release. Sometimes it just doesn't make sense to break up a story arc for chronology's sake."

I didn't notice it before but Fallen Angel on the Casey disc is actually episode #8 they skip over episodes 6 and 7. I think this really dumb if you're not going to do season sets at least keep them in order. I'm torn on getting these. What do you guys think?

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Travis_W

Travis_W

Supporting Actor

• 531 posts

Posted July 15 2003 - 02:32 PM

I've cancelled my order. It's a rip-off anyway, 3 episodes per disc when Disney fit the 9 episodes of 'The Osbournes' on one DVD? No thanks, my VHS tapes will do just fine if and when I ever watch them again.
I am Jack's empty signature bar.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Tony-B

Tony-B

Producer

• 3,768 posts

Posted July 15 2003 - 03:14 PM

It's Funimation. One of the things that they do is make DVDs with low episode counts. Travis, welcome to the world of anime, where the episode counts are low and prices high! Posted Image
DVD Collection/Video Game Collection/Music Collection
"The Weighted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you." -GLaDOS

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted July 15 2003 - 03:25 PM

Quote:
I've cancelled my order.

It would be good for you to write to Funimation, Mirage, etc. and tell them that.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted July 15 2003 - 03:27 PM

Travis, the amount you can stuff on one DVD has nothing to do with the cost of it. The Osbournes is a season set, this is not