No season sets of new Ninja Turtles cartoon

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Derek P, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Derek P

Derek P Stunt Coordinator

This was buried in the Fan Forum news

4Kids Entertainment, Mirage Studios and FUNimation intend to release the entire first season on DVD/VHS between 9/1/03 and 6/30/04. Quote from Mirage C.E.O. Gary Richardson, "We just won't be doing the episodes in exact chronological order all the time, like with the "Meet Casey Jones" release. Sometimes it just doesn't make sense to break up a story arc for chronology's sake."

I didn't notice it before but Fallen Angel on the Casey disc is actually episode #8 they skip over episodes 6 and 7. I think this really dumb if you're not going to do season sets at least keep them in order. I'm torn on getting these. What do you guys think?

2. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

I've cancelled my order. It's a rip-off anyway, 3 episodes per disc when Disney fit the 9 episodes of 'The Osbournes' on one DVD? No thanks, my VHS tapes will do just fine if and when I ever watch them again.

3. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

It's Funimation. One of the things that they do is make DVDs with low episode counts. Travis, welcome to the world of anime, where the episode counts are low and prices high! [​IMG]

4. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Travis, the amount you can stuff on one DVD has nothing to do with the cost of it. The Osbournes is a season set, this is not