Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Preliminary X2 specs:

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#1 of 48 PaulP

PaulP

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted July 09 2003 - 11:54 AM

This is from Superhero Hype via Dark Horizons:

Quote:
Disc 1 features the film in anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 surround sound, some on-set featurettes, along with two commentary tracks with Director Bryan Singer & the producers on one, Singer and various cast members on the other. Most interesting is eleven deleted scenes, though which of the following titles they will be is unsure right now: Professor Xavier and Cyclops return, Fight in the mall, Extended Wolverine/Deathstrike, Nightcrawler's Mark, Rogue/Bobby talk about Pyro, Mystique File Stealing Sequence, Jean and Storm scene in the X-Jet, Rogue helps kids during mansion raid, Extended Colossus/X-Kids Scene, Wolverine enters the 'Danger Room' door, Alternate Opening Sequence & Camp Scene, Professor X's Victory. On Disc 2 there's five featurettes ("Return of the Mutants", "Mutant Effects", "X2: The Cast", "Reflections", "Future of the X-Men"), video of the press conference, an on-set making of special , an HBO: First Look special, 4 Trailers, 7 TV Spots, Art Gallery, Animatics and Easter Eggs. Early details of the international version however indicate the commentary and the featurettes may not be present on those discs.

#2 of 48 Gary->dee

Gary->dee

Screenwriter

• 1,923 posts

Posted July 09 2003 - 12:33 PM

Those seem like some great deleted scenes. Posted Image

#3 of 48 Dan Shogren

Dan Shogren

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts

Posted July 09 2003 - 01:53 PM

Im hoping we wont have to experience X-Men 2.5 in a year or two.

#4 of 48 MatS

MatS

Screenwriter

• 1,599 posts

Posted July 09 2003 - 01:59 PM

if all the above comes to be there would be no need for X2.5

looks great if true
I would just like to see a comic book cover gallery included once on one of these discs

my most wanted disc of the year Posted Image

#5 of 48 Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted July 09 2003 - 02:54 PM

Most Wanted runner-up to The Matrix Reloaded for me, but a very close second. Hopefully these specs with turn out to be true...sounds like a wicked set.
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#6 of 48 Scott_D

Scott_D

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted July 09 2003 - 02:58 PM

I hope they include the blooper reel that was mentioned a couple of months ago.

Sadly I'm pretty sure they wont because of its supposed contents.

#7 of 48 Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted July 09 2003 - 03:00 PM

Quote:
Sadly I'm pretty sure they wont because of its supposed contents.

Oooh, sounds intriguing. What are these lurid contents? Posted Image

#8 of 48 Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph

Lead Actor

• 8,338 posts

Posted July 09 2003 - 04:53 PM

I don't suppose there is any legitimate cover artwork yet?
Click on above image to enter " T H E . H O L O D E C K "
---------------------------------------------------------
The Holodeck. My DIY Screen. DIY Subwoofer: The MaxCaliber
My humble collection of DVD's. HTF Beginner's Primer and FAQ

#9 of 48 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

Producer

• 4,119 posts

Posted July 09 2003 - 05:19 PM

I have a feeling the blooper reel might end up being Easter Egg material. It wouldn't surprise me.

Jason

#10 of 48 Sean Moon

Sean Moon

Screenwriter

• 2,045 posts

Posted July 09 2003 - 06:24 PM

The blooper reel I read about sounded awesome. Like the scene with Stryker grilling Kelly about Vietnam, instead he was going off and swearing his head off at him non stop.
http://www.superhero....2594259,94524,
Theres a link to the description

As long as the video quality on this disc measures up to or surpasses(which is hard) the 1.5 disc, then we are in for a treat.
http://doctordoom.blogspot.com

We must stand in awe of the infinite capacity of the human mind to reject the introduction of useful knowledge.

#11 of 48 Scott_D

Scott_D

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted July 09 2003 - 06:34 PM

Yeah and there was alot of sexual innuendo. One shot was of when mystique flips over that guard in the toilet and pulls his pants down, she pulls out a dildo and whacks it on his butt. Another bit was when they were at the campfire, mystique and magneto each eat a hotdog erotically. There was tamer stuff like when wolverine was dreaming he keeps on calling out bobbys name. And when wolverine goes to see the professor in cerebro, he prances in and they do the scene as if it was a musical. Plus there was lots of swearing.

I believe it was stuff like that.

#12 of 48 Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted July 09 2003 - 07:13 PM

Jeez...sounds like a hell of a gag-reel. I pray it makes the DVD.

#13 of 48 Iain Jackson

Iain Jackson

Second Unit

• 371 posts

Posted July 09 2003 - 09:45 PM

Quote:
Early details of the international version however indicate the commentary and the featurettes may not be present on those discs.

That better not be true... Posted Image
"Come quietly or there will be... trouble."

#14 of 48 James Reader

James Reader

Screenwriter

• 1,465 posts

Posted July 09 2003 - 10:40 PM

Quote:
Early details of the international version however indicate the commentary and the featurettes may not be present on those discs.

I can't think why. X-MEN 1.5 has the same content in the UK as the US disc, and by all accounts the two Daredevil releases are the same. Indeed the original X-Men release had MORE on the UK disc. Posted Image
"Would you recommend this movie to a friend?"
"Only if I was friendly with Hitler."

#15 of 48 Geoff_D

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor

• 885 posts

Posted July 10 2003 - 12:55 AM

I seem to remember an interview with the producer of the X-Men 1.5 dvd where he said an 'Origins of the X-Men' (as in comic book origins) featurette was created for 1.5, but they couldn't include it due to rights issues or something like that. He remarked how it would hopefully end up on the X2 dvd instead - but it's not in that spec list above. It still looks like a fantastic set though.

#16 of 48 Ken Bentley

Ken Bentley

Second Unit

• 290 posts

Posted July 10 2003 - 02:02 AM

them are some nice specs sofar. i hope it does stay that way i dint go see this in the theaters for as i dont go to theaters anymore dvds come out quick now and its cheaper.. so cant wait to watch this movie when it does coem out. and with awsome specs

#17 of 48 Billy C.

Billy C.

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted July 10 2003 - 02:09 AM

I'm surprised this is in 5.1 and not 6.1. A DTS-ES track would have been nice. Maybe that will be in the 2.5 release? Posted Image

#18 of 48 Bill Williams

Bill Williams

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted July 10 2003 - 03:24 AM

Another apparent practical joke that had been filmed that I read about occurred during the filming of Stryker's attack on the Xavier mansion. From what I recall, Logan (Hugh Jackman) ran through the mansion naked and happened to run into a group of wolf-whistling women, including James Marsden's mother, who cheered and flashed money in front of Jackman. Now that would be pretty fun to see in a blooper reel!

If the earlier report is true about all the X2 specs, then they'd have to do it right as a 2-disc set, and that would eliminate the need for X-Men 2.5 - unless they decided to unearth "new" material and tack on a promo for X3.
"I have in my heart what it takes to run with the big dogs in this life, and nobody can say otherwise."

"Attention all personnel. Tonight's movie is a holdover from last week and will be shown right after supper, which is also a holdover from last week."

#19 of 48 Gary->dee

Gary->dee

Screenwriter

• 1,923 posts

Posted July 10 2003 - 04:27 AM

Somehow I doubt something like that was filmed. It seems like a wild rumor. But hey if it did happen that would be...interesting.

#20 of 48 Ray H

Ray H

Producer

• 3,471 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted July 10 2003 - 06:37 AM

Quote:
Somehow I doubt something like that was filmed. It seems like a wild rumor. But hey if it did happen that would be...interesting.
It did happen. Jackman said so on Leno when promoting the film. Actually, they were shooting the flashback scene where he runs into the forest naked. Since they were shooting this for the movie, I would think they filmed it. If not, Jackman got scammed into streaking. Posted Image

These specs sound good but this still sounds a bit fishy, especially being unconfirmed and sent in by someone to the site. I'll wait for the official details, which I hope are coming soon.
"Here's looking at you, kid."

Back to DVD

Forum Nav Content I Follow