What's new

Preliminary X2 specs: (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Those specs sound to good to be true...but I'm a hoping! and FOX, put those bloopers/gag reel on the DVD, they sound hilarious!

James Reader

Screenwriter
The Japanese X2 DVD is up for order on the Amazon.co.jp site now Link for a 12th September release, so it's not unreasonable to think that the R1 specs have already been nailed and released. Considering the Daredevil realy review copies, the X2 discs are probably already authored and pressed! :)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
The Japanese cover is cool! I always liked that particular poster.

I hope the R1 cover is the same although they usually have a different version for the U.S. cover like they did with X-Men 1.5.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i'm of the "too good to be true" mindset.
if this is in fact the actual specs, it sounds like it will be a phenomenol disc.

the only thing to worry about would be the A/V quality, especially with disc 1 being so packed.
I'm not of the opinion that a great looking disc can't be produced when you include DTS tracks and commentaries, etc (look at Gladiator), but i still worry.
my concern also stems from the fact this movie was shot in super 35, whereas the first film was filmed with true anamorphic lenses.
i think for that fact alone, that it won't be able to look as slick and as glossy as the first disc, since there will be more grain present, and less detail going in.

still, we'll just have to wait and see.

never really cared for any of the advertising images for this film, but the Japanese cover looks as good as anything.
hope the early reports of a mid Sept. release were true, if its late Sept or mid- Oct., it'll be agony to wait for this while i'm on the road for work.

one of a handful of truly great sequels.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I really dont understand whats going on with this dvd, matrix reloaded preorders are going, hulk should officially be announced any day now. X2 was the first out of all of these to be released, and doesnt have even an official release date yet .

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Just got back from looking at digital bits brand new rumour mill ! They are saying fox is getting ready to announce a september 12 x2 release date,that would be strange, since its almost august already. Sheesh, next thing you know, companies will announce a dvd is coming a week before it streets, ridiculous , lol !:D

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Count me in as one of those that are doubtful we'll see this in September. If so they have to announce it by the end of this week to get orders and all ready. September is way too crowded, I'll give you that but October doesn't have many titles minus Matrix and possibly Hulk...and 28 Days Later hopefully...and Willard...ah nevermind:D .

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
9/12 is a Friday. Why would the disc be released on Friday instead of the normal Tuesday schedule?

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
9/12 still seems pretty likely since the R2 Japanese version will be coming out that day.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Travis...

Doesn't it suck to be an addict? I've got over 12 titles preordered before the end of the year, and there are so many that haven't even been announced yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks