What's new

Advice on home theater setup.... (1 Viewer)

JayKellen

Stunt Coordinator
I've had my home theater set up for about a month now, and I am still not comfortable with the way the room is set up....basically, the room is perfect, however, there is a window where I would like my entertainment center, so I have it kiddie cornered....on the opposite wall, i have a couch, and then a loveseat angled off of the couch, then a 2.5 foot gap for people to walk through, then a recliner...my surround speakers are directly behind the loveseat and directly behind the recliner...the problem is that there really isnt an ideal place to sit to have the best sound experience....i love my system dont get me wrong, I just feel that the people on the couch obviously are not getting the best sound since the surround speakers are off to the right of the viewer back a ways.....the loveseat spot is good, but you hear too much of the left rear speaker to get the effect of the right one, and vice versa for the recliner spot.....should I just keep the room setup as is and deal with it, which is not bad by any means, or does anyone have an idea to make the setup better?...i know i could take the recliner out of the room and center the loveseat better, but i want all three furniture pieces......thanks for any advice you can give me

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
The more furniture you have, the more difficult it is to accomodate everyone. I don't have any ideas of what you could do and still retain all of that stuff, but other might.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Try adjusting the level for each surround speaker. I know this is a compromise, but that may be the only solution short of rearranging the furniture.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks