Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Darkness - new Spanish horror film

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Simon Massey

Simon Massey

Screenwriter

• 2,157 posts
  • LocationKuwait

Posted June 19 2003 - 01:26 PM

Ok has anyone seen this film ? It stars Anna Paquin and Lena Olin and it looks like a great horror film in the style of The Devil's Backbone and The Others. I have managed to catch the trailer on the films website, which is very effective, and it would appear to be due for release soon in the US. It has already been released in a number of countries. Also is this an English language film or Spanish - the trailer tends to suggest its English, but I am not sure.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph

Producer

• 4,042 posts

Posted June 19 2003 - 08:17 PM

Per the IMDB, it's an English-language movie. Also, it's as much American as Spanish. Why it's taking so long to get to the US, I don't know. It came out October of last year in Spain.
My Collection

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted June 19 2003 - 09:02 PM

Interesting...I did not know about this flick. I'll have to read up on it.
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Simon Massey

Simon Massey

Screenwriter

• 2,157 posts
  • LocationKuwait

Posted June 19 2003 - 11:25 PM

Of course...didn't think about IMDB :b

Well I have managed to find out some more about this, and it seems the director has done some other interesting horror films as well - one called The Nameless and another called Second Name I think (Sequel ??)

This new film Darkness looks really good - yet another horror film with a creepy kid in it though. I hope the horror is more in the style of The Others etc than say Scream

Dimension are releasing it. Hope they promote it better than Below and Equilibrium Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users