What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Starsky and Hutch, surely time for DVD release? :) (1 Viewer)

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
Its perhaps the most famous TV series ever. Its popular worldwide, has no "music clearance problems" and the big screen version is due this year. Isn't it time we got the full four seasons of "Starsky and Hutch" on Region 1, 2, 3 and 4. It would sell everywhere. David Soul, Paul Michael Glaser and Antonio Fargas are great guys who still speak fondly of the show. Commentaries and interviews would be great. I see the pilot episode has been included on the 70's Cop Shows package. Surely this must be in the works. "Charlies Angels" is being released in the UK/USA on DVD next month and its shit next to this masterpiece. :)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

R. Kay

Second Unit
1 episode is on the '70s Cop Shows' dvd. Series hasnt aged too well.

Episode synopsis: Senior citizen couple plants a bomb in a trunk of their car that gets stolen. Check out Starsky running down a criminal in the beginning of the episode. Hilarious running style! Good for kitsch factor.

:)

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
Dave when you get more details for this baby you be sure and let your friend Craig know. :D
PS- I love the running style. Rolling over car bonnets etc. its just what the doctor ordered!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Craig, I don't expect any word from this until 2-3 months before its release, which I don't expect to happen until whenever in 2004 the remake movie hits. Basically, I've dropped worrying about this one until January.

And I NEVER expect supplements from Columbia. They have a drastically different TV-to-DVD model than, say, Fox.

Jerome

Second Unit
Some special features were classified by the BBFC in England, last week.

STARSKY & HUTCH (SEASON 1) - FEATURETTE - THE THIRD STAR (5'55)

STARSKY & HUTCH (SEASON 1) - FEATURETTE - STARSKY & HUTCH: THE MOVIE (3'30')

STARSKY & HUTCH (SEASON 1) FEATURETTE - IT'S HARDER THAN IT LOOKS (6'16)

STARSKY & HUTCH (SEASON 1) - MAKING OF - BEHIND THE BADGE (27'12)

AlanBrom

Second Unit
Good News for fans of this series:

STARSKY & HUTCH:
The Complete First Season

Five-Disc DVD Collection Featuring All 22 Episodes
Including the Original Pilot Episode -
Approximately 20 Hours of Retro 70's Action Premiering on DVD
March 2

Culver City, CA (December 22, 2003) - Roaring onto small screens in their souped-up
Ford Torino, STARSKY & HUTCH became one of the most popular and hippest buddy cop series
ever. Timed for release with the much-anticipated new theatrical film adaptation of the classic TV series starring Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson and Snoop Dogg, Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment will debut STARSKY & HUTCH: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON on an action-packed five-disc DVD set featuring all 22 classic cop show episodes including the original pilot
episode, available for the first time together at the collectible price of $49.94 SRP.

Fueled by full-throttle car chases, off-beat humor, hip 70s fashions, colorful characters and the infamous red hot rod, STARSKY & HUTCH brought the gritty realism
and sheer excitement of the "Dirty Harry" movies to the small screen in 1975 on ABC, captivating audiences for four seasons. Starring ultra-cool Paul Michael Glaser and David Soul as a pair of unorthodox, streetwise detectives and executive produced by Emmy?

Award-winning TV veteran Aaron Spelling, the show was nominated for a Golden Globe? Award for Best Dramatic TV series. STARSKY & HUTCH: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON also features episodes with special guest appearances by Suzanne Somers and John Ritter.

Though complete character personality opposites of each other, STARSKY & HUTCH
developed an engaging camaraderie to become the ultimate crime-busting undercover partners
and forged the way for buddy cop series such as "CHiPs" and "Simon & Simon" in the years to
come. Set in the fictional city of Bay City, STARSKY & HUTCH tackled the toughest cases in
town, full of pimps, muggers, dope pushers and big-time hoodlums, with the help of their jive-
talking informant Huggy Bear (Antonio Fargas) - never afraid to bend the rules, but always catching the criminals.

Episodes featured on STARSKY & HUTCH: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON include:

Original Pilot

Savage Sunday

Texas Longhorn

Death Ride

Snowstorm

The Fix

Death Notice

Pariah

Kill Huggy Bear

The Bait

Lady Blue

"Captain Dobey, You're Dead!"

Terror on the Docks

The Deadly Imposter

Shootout

The Hostages

Losing Streak

Silence

The Omaha Tiger

Jojo

Running

A Coffin for Starsky

The Bounty Hunter

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
Five-disc set contains complete First Season (22 episodes)
Exclusive featurette of Warner Bros. Pictures new movie "Starsky & Hutch" Starring

Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson and Snoop Dogg

Making-Of featurette "Behind the Badge"

"It's Harder Than It Looks" featurette

"The Third Star" featurette about the classic Ford Torino speedster

Audio commentary with original stars Paul Michael Glaser, David Soul and Antonio Fargas

Feature film photo gallery

Original TV promo spots

Feature film weblink

Audio: English, Spanish

Bonus Trailers

Episode Selections

MARKETING SUPPORT
Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment will support the release of STARSKY & HUTCH: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON with a marathon of the original TV show featuring TV spots for the DVD on VH1 TVland to generate heightened fan awareness. In addition,
CTHE will develop a national marketing effort with NASCAR® (TBD).

Not Rated

Color

Closed Captioned

Running Time: Approx. 20 hours

DVD Catalog # 00665

UPC Code: 0-43396-00665-2

Order Date: 01/29/04

SLP: $49.94

Duncan_N

Stunt Coordinator
Man that is great news - Can't wait for this set. Most anticipated release of next year so far!!:emoji_thumbsup:

Shane_Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
I love 70's cop shows! :emoji_thumbsup:

Can't wait to see David and Paul wearing those Levis bell bottoms circa 1975

Which season had David Soul getting hooked on heroin??..I remember that was a 2 part episode. Very powerfull stuff for the 70's

Now where is CHIPS, Hawaii 5-0, Kojak(Who loves ya baby) and Police Woman??

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The IMDb lists both MGM and NBC as having some kind of rights to CHiPs. I don't remember the terminology, but I believe NBC is listed as the distributors. Maybe they'll give it to someone else like they did with Little House if they are the owners. Otherwise, has MGM done any TV on DVD?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
MGM has done or is doing Stargate SG-1, Outer Limits, Green Acres, Mr. Ed, Jeremiah, and Hello Kitty. Expect quite a bit more from them in the future. I'd say CHiPs is a possible contender, if nothing has happened with the rights.

IMDB listing NBC as a "distributer" is probably just their way of saying that the show aired on NBC. Just like Fox "distributed" Married...with Children by airing it on the Fox Network, but the show was produced and owned by Columbia Tristar, so they are the source of the DVDs.

James L White

Supporting Actor
hopefully The Dukes Of Hazzard will follow, I dunno who owns that series but I'd buy it in seaSON SETS ONLY :) I might buy S&H just depends on the price I can find it for. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks